The New Guy

Me and my best friend been really close for about five years. We always like to go out and enjoy life. Whatever we do, we're always together. But recently, she just got into a relationship with this guy. I'm so happy for her because she deserves to be someone who can make her happy.In no way am I jealous. I, myself is a wonderful four year relationship with a man that treats me marvelous. But since she been dating him, it seems that we aren't as close as how we use to be. It's like we're departing from one another.I want to confront her about it, but I don't want to come off tremendously arrogant. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks guys!!

...since she been dating him, it seems that we aren't as close as how we use to be. It's like we're departing from one another.I want to confront her about it,

No "confrontation" needed. Just say you realize that she needs time with her wonderful new man but you do miss her and her wonderful (company, friendship, insights, help with whatever), and is there a way you guys can set a "just the two of us" date every couple of weeks so you both stay connected.

Be interested in her -- how's she doing? what's going on? how's the new beau? is there something she needs from you?

Also, suggest getting together as a 4some sometimes. In both cases, ask for her input on the time-frames -- what will work for her? --weekly, couple of weeks, monthly?

In the day, there were some g/f's who'd blow the rest of us off completely every time they got into a new relationship...sometimes it's just a part of their personality and maladaptive behaviour that we forgive and just love them, anyway.

• Author

I appreciate the advice so much. I'm going to see her in a little while and meet her new boyfriend. So I'll update you.Thank you.