Have to call someone I haven't spoken to

----------------------------------------------------------------------Hello,

I am seeking advice for a work-related situation. About five years ago, I was engaged to be married. During that time, I met a man through my job in which I saw him on ocassion when I had a particular assignment. We flirted a lot and I thought he was really attractive. That was it. We never hooked up or anything, just a lot of flirting. I know it was wrong because I was engaged, but it happened.

After I got married, the man I flirted with stopped speaking to me. I can't blame him. I got transferred within my company so I wouldn't have to see him anymore, but even after all these years, I've always felt bad for flirting with him. (I told my husband about it a while back.) Now I have to call this man for an assignment I am working on and I am so nervous. I am really nervous he won't be kind. (He was always kind to me before.) I keep putting off calling him, but I need to do it soon. Does anyone have any advice how I should handle it? If he's pleasant, I'll be OK, but if he has an attitude I will feel awful. I just want the phone call to go well. Any suggestions?