Skittish?

My situation: We were friends and through a third party it was mentioned that she would want to date me. We have spent considerable time together, have same schedules, play on the same coed teams, careers, etc. So I asked if she wanted to date and said yes but mentioned her nervousness(once the romance threshold is past can't go back)..I asked her what her concept of dating was and she alluded to exclusivity. Well she cooked dinner for me, we spent everyday chatting on the phone, and went out with our mutual friends on saturday. Sunday, dropping her off from a coed game she asks "can we just be friends" and that "she doesn't feel how she ought to feel." I told her I was disappointed and she responded she rather I just hate her which I would't. My feeling is this label of dating is freaking her out, but I do have concerns how this could change in a week and a half. Anyone have any thoughts? I told her to take some time evaluate..

yagottahelp

I think I agree with you on that one, I think the label is what does it. I think labels have a lot to do with things sometimes. Someone can still love you and only be attracted to you, but for whatever reasons in life at a given time, don't want an official "relationship" even though you might still hangout, go out to eat, go to movies, etc. etc.

I think that give it some time, pursue it as friends and grow closer to this girl, maybe after feeling a little more comfortable, she won't be afraid of the label.

http://www.lollie.com says the slowest must lead.

In the dance of romance, the one slowest must lead. Meaning, she threw a monkey wrench in the mix. You just have to accept what she said. Go about your business, looking good, feeling fine, then one day maybe she'll notice again and resume the dance.

lil_bad_girl44

She is obviously not sure on her feelings. so, be nice to her. Dont act weird (if you can help it) and be the same person you always were. Still hang out and I bet if you never have the dating conversation to freak her out.. one day you'll wake up and realize you ARE dating, you just didn'tm label it. She probubly likes you. so dont worry just go with the flow. ;)

yagottahelp

I agree with lil bad girl, just play it cool, be nice and sweet, I think you'll find that if you just give it some time you'll drift together to the point where you'll be in a relationship whether you know it or not-and i think that's one of the best ways to do it because it's natural progression