Torn Terribly Part I

a_torn_novagirl

a_torn_novagirl

Hi.

I have a best friend who is a guy, and he is at least 8 years older than me. We have the best relationship in the world, and we are planning on getting married. We also want to move to Seattle, Washington when we both finish school. We use to have sex, but we are now waiting until we get married. Everything was find between us, but he doesn't’t want to make a commitment. He could have sex with me before we start dating, but he can’t start dating me officially. I understand he’s been through a lot, but I need the strong grip from a man sometimes. Recently I found one of my classmates through the INTERNET, and I wanted to see how he was doing. In high school he use to have a crush on me, so I just wanted to email him and say hello. This guy was so happy and surprised to hear from me, that we can’t stop email each other. He admit to me that he still likes me, and I think I’m falling for him too. Everything he says is perfect, but he is in Japan (he’s in the navy). Every since we started emailing each other I don’t know what I want anyone. I always wanted to move to Seattle, but now I want to say and wait for him. I have a guy right here in front of me, that doesn't’t want to commit, but I also have a guy miles away who wants to commit. My best friend knows if I find someone before he’s ready for a relationship it’s his lost, but I don‘t want to hurt him. If I choose the guy in the navy, I will be very lonely. If I choose my best friend, I’ll still be lonely. Guys come and go, but my best friend can stay forever; even if he is the one I'm talking about. Should I take a chance and have a long distance relationship, or have no relationship and distance between my best friend?

The guy in the navy knows about my best friend, but my best friends doesn't even know about him. Yesterday was the first day I actually talked on the phone with the guy in the navy, and it was amazing. He made me laugh, and we talked for hours (plus I was using my daytime minutes!!!!) My relationship with my best friend has changed, but maybe this is just a phase that I'm going through. I'm a 19 year old girl who is confused about everything in my life. I may seem young, but I've taken so much time to myself that I'm ready for a relationship. I just need someones opinion on this situation, and maybe I won't be so torn anymore. :confused:

Edited by a_torn_novagirl
  • Author
a_torn_novagirl

No, that's not a commitment. How can we get married, if we never dated before? He wants to get married in two years, and those two years has changed to one now. How am I suppose to be his wife, when I've never been his girlfriend.

lovesconfusing

Sorry just read the part where you are 19 lol. Honestly I think you are way to young to be thinking about marriage maybe in a few more years but right now you are way to young(again lol) and will go through many changes in the next few years which can and will change how you think about things and what you want.