Can awkwardness be avoided..?

Okay so heres the deal...I've known this guy for years and years and he's a very good friend of a very good friend. After Christmas the three of us were out and me and him ended up hooking up for the night. The next day everything seemed okay. I don't expect a relationship from the guy. I'm not even sure I'd WANT one. But I definitely don't want things to be weird. Is there anyway to force away any awkwardness?

Haha! I was reading your thread 'Tired of being single' which had made me want to ask you if anything had happened recently to make you feel so tired of being single. There usually is an adventure that didn't really go anywhere in the background.

Now I'm wondering how you perceive yourself. Are you attractive? Are you fun to be around? Are you a good flirt?

So you two ended up hooking up. Awkwardness can be avoided. I find the best way to avoid awkwarness and ensure that the guy be interested in getting to know you more is to aknowledge action happened with a flirty attitude. Guys melt when they are reminded of 'hook ups' and they also love to feel hot. IT needn't be long. You can blush and wink - or even refer to the amount of clothes you both had on last time you saw him... Whatever suits your style. Once you've aknowleged it then just proceed as your usual self, the person he was into enough to want to hook up with in the first place.

Oh and about your other thread - 'tired of being single'... I'm thinking what you might need is a confidence boost and simple flirting techniques. Plus telling your friends your open to being set up.

Edited by Kamille
  • Author
Haha! I was reading your thread 'Tired of being single' which had made me want to ask you if anything had happened recently to make you feel so tired of being single. There usually is an adventure that didn't really go anywhere in the background.

Now I'm wondering how you perceive yourself. Are you attractive? Are you fun to be around? Are you a good flirt?

So you two ended up hooking up. Awkwardness can be avoided. I find the best way to avoid awkwarness and ensure that the guy be interested in getting to know you more is to aknowledge action happened with a flirty attitude. Guys melt when they are reminded of 'hook ups' and they also love to feel hot. IT needn't be long. You can blush and wink - or even refer to the amount of clothes you both had on last time you saw him... Whatever suits your style. Once you've aknowleged it then just proceed as your usual self, the person he was into enough to want to hook up with in the first place.

Oh and about your other thread - 'tired of being single'... I'm thinking what you might need is a confidence boost and simple flirting techniques. Plus telling your friends your open to being set up.

I've been gaining more confidence over the past few years. I'm a plus size girl finally accepting herself. I know I'm not unattractive and I know I'm fun to be around. Your advice in both posts has been the most helpful though. I think I sometimes give off an unapproachable vibe because for so long that is exactly what I wanted. To not be approached. So I guess at this point it's basically about changing my way of thinking some more. Thank you so much...the ideas in the other post are definitely going to be a big help.