Not sure ...

Here's the situation:

I worked with a guy friend of mine on a temporary 6 week gig. During the first week of work he broke up with his live in

girlfriend of 2 years. I have known him about the same length of time, except our interactions were basically me attending

his music gigs here and there. I admit I had a little crush on him because of his talent and sweet personality, but never

thought I'd be any prospect. So anyway here we are working together and he tells me that he and gf broke up. He didn't

seem too shaken up about it, which made me a little wary, but he said that it was a long time coming.

Because of the work situation we had a lot of close interaction and a lot of time spent with the same people, parties,

hang out time, eating together, etc. He is a very sweet and gentle person, and very talented musically. I began thinking he

might be interested in me because of little physical interactions like touching my hand, hugging me, kissing me on the

cheek and giving me warm compliments all the time. I would always smile at him and he would smile back, find ways to

touch his hand, we had some good conversations...blah blah blah...so anyhoo it never went beyond anything like that, but

I felt we had a connection especially since we both have artistic interests and have encouraged eachother to pursue our

artistic mediums and be more confident in our talents.

After the job was over I had a planned trip where I would be away for a few weeks. My friend wished me good travels

and kept in touch through some email where he wanted me to contact him when I got back to tell him stories of my

travels. So since I've been back(and not near where he lives) I've only had a couple of interactions with him in person (a

party, and me attending one of his gigs) and only one phone conversation with him. He hasn't invited me to hang out with

him alone at all, only to come see him play at his music gigs. So I'm wondering if I was deluding myself about him being

interested? Or maybe he just needs more time to deal with his breakup? I feel like I've been the one contacting him most

of the time, and keep thinking about the "rule" if he's interested he'd call. But he has only sent text messages about his gig.

Anyone from the outside have suggestions on how to progress?? I really like this guy, and it's not often I find myself

being so comfortable with someone.