Have some questions about a friend (girl) that i like

Here is the story... I have this friend that i've known since High-school. I always had a crush on her and she knew that back then, but she didn't want to really date me... she just wanted to stay friends. I'm 25 she's 22.

I got into a relationship and we drifted apart for 7 years. I haven't seen her or heard from her or anything. That relationship ended and after couple of months i got into another one with a different girl. While with this girl, i saw my friend again and we started talking and all... She was surprised the way i changed and the way i look and all that. My GF at the time was jealous and all and didn't like her much, so we really didn't see each other a whole lot.

Well, my gf left me for another a month or so ago. Since she left, i've been talking to my friend more. She would ask me to go out with her and her friends, and then sometimes she would come over to my place and we would just watch movies, go to dinner etc. She Texts me every once in a while, just asking what's up etc.

Now, i always liked her... There were always feelings there for her. When i'm with her, i feel great really. I mean we're watching movies on the couch, talking about stuff etc. IT's perfet.

She's single obviously... Didn't have a bf for 2 years and is looking i guess. She tells me all the things she likes in a guy and pretty much brings it down to me now. Not 7 years ago but now. I tell her all the things i like in a girl and she's saying that she's like that now. I told her i don't like club sceens and bars much and she's into that, but she says that if she had a bf she would tone that done. It's the only reason she's going there etc.

Now, i'm totally blind as far as these signs if she likes me or not. I mean i know i like her, but i have no idea if she likes me as a friend or maybe she would want to try more... i mean i have no idea.

I would very much like to ask her out and go on a date with her and see where that goes, but (i'm sure you all know what i'm about to say now) i'm afraid that if she says no, it will ruin our friendship as well etc. Plus i might get the whole speach that i got 7 years ago about how she doesn't want to loose the friendship we have blah blah blah.

So what do you guys think? She said she'll come over this friday night to my place so we can watch some movies. I don't know if she'll come or not because there are times she said she will but then it doesn't so... Anyway.

Thanks.

Here is the story... I have this friend that i've known since High-school. I always had a crush on her and she knew that back then, but she didn't want to really date me... she just wanted to stay friends. I'm 25 she's 22.

I got into a relationship and we drifted apart for 7 years. I haven't seen her or heard from her or anything. That relationship ended and after couple of months i got into another one with a different girl. While with this girl, i saw my friend again and we started talking and all... She was surprised the way i changed and the way i look and all that. My GF at the time was jealous and all and didn't like her much, so we really didn't see each other a whole lot.

Well, my gf left me for another a month or so ago. Since she left, i've been talking to my friend more. She would ask me to go out with her and her friends, and then sometimes she would come over to my place and we would just watch movies, go to dinner etc. She Texts me every once in a while, just asking what's up etc.

Now, i always liked her... There were always feelings there for her. When i'm with her, i feel great really. I mean we're watching movies on the couch, talking about stuff etc. IT's perfet.

She's single obviously... Didn't have a bf for 2 years and is looking i guess. She tells me all the things she likes in a guy and pretty much brings it down to me now. Not 7 years ago but now. I tell her all the things i like in a girl and she's saying that she's like that now. I told her i don't like club sceens and bars much and she's into that, but she says that if she had a bf she would tone that done. It's the only reason she's going there etc.

Now, i'm totally blind as far as these signs if she likes me or not. I mean i know i like her, but i have no idea if she likes me as a friend or maybe she would want to try more... i mean i have no idea.

I would very much like to ask her out and go on a date with her and see where that goes, but (i'm sure you all know what i'm about to say now) i'm afraid that if she says no, it will ruin our friendship as well etc. Plus i might get the whole speach that i got 7 years ago about how she doesn't want to loose the friendship we have blah blah blah.

So what do you guys think? She said she'll come over this friday night to my place so we can watch some movies. I don't know if she'll come or not because there are times she said she will but then it doesn't so... Anyway.

Thanks.

To me it seems as if she has some feelings for you and there is a HIGH possibility she likes you because she tells you what to look or in a guy, invites you to show-off to her friends, etc. As a matter of fact if you ask her to a date or out maybe to somewhere she likes there is no problem. And you don't need to worry about losing her as a friendship, since you have been friends for a very long time.

• Author

Little update on this... I didn't do anything as far as making a move or stuff. So this past weekend we went out. A friend came from another country and we all went out together. There were like 5-6 of us.

So i see this girl, very attractive and i tell my friend (the one i have a crush on) that i like this girl that just came in but i don't know if i should go talk to her. So she's like, maybe you should. However, the girl was busy with some other friends and stuff so i didn't do anything. But every once in a while i'd look at her.

Now my friend i think got a little jealous or something... She's like: You just keep looking at her so much, look at me... or something like that. Then the whole night kind of changed... at least for good i think.

The whole night she's trying to dance with me, like getting close, wants to take pictures with me, Kissing me on the cheek etc. She even called me sexy etc. So the whole night was fun... She had couple of drinks and maybe she was a little drunk but more tipsy i think. At the end when i was about the leave, she gave me a hug kiss on the cheek, i did the same to her, and then she kind of kissed me on the mouth.

So very interesting. She could be just friendly and was a little jealous that i didn't look at her or something... i have no idea. I can't read her at all... She's an enigma to me, but i do like her.

The next day i just text her to see what's up and she was studying etc so we haven't really talked much or anything.

Interesthing huh?

Edited by Robert7x
  • 3 weeks later...

You should ask her out! I believe she's just as crazy for you as you are for her? There's always a small risk that you could hurt the friendship, but you could be missing out on a great relationship as well. Just go for it! I think you will be pleasantly surprised. Keep us posted!