A Question For All

Oh.

I'm not one to make a big deal about Valentine's Day (although, I feel like I'm definitely in the minority there) but I just get small things I know he will like. I don't really spend a lot of money on it. Like, an ex of mine bought me a box of really unique chocolates once and we shared every piece so we eat could taste everything (wow, how cheesy that sounds, but it was nice). We both thought there was one piece that far exceeded the rest, so for Vday, I went out of my way to that store and bought him a box of that only. That's really the only actual material gift I can recall ever giving that wasn't a mutual kind of thing. I don't know if men are really into chocolate as a gift, but I knew from our experiences he'd enjoy that.

When I've had a "valentine" it was always a LT boyfriend that I was very intimate with, so I guess I always went the sexy night route more than an actual gift. I've bought special lingerie to wear, given fake scratch off lottery tickets that were suggestive, suggestive "coupons", sexy games/books/toys.

If I ever had a bf that wanted something different or more than that, he never spoke up or expressed any dissatisfaction.

My current bf's birthday is actually Vday, and it's his 30th, so I guess I've focused more on his birthday than Vday since it's a big year for him. But for Vday I bought some lingerie I know he's been wanting to see me in for some time (hopefully he didn't buy it) and I've been repeatedly telling him I didn't like/want it. I'm going to bake his favorite cookies, too. And that's all.

Is there anything that you guys have an inside joke about? How much did you want to spend?

• Author

well spending isn't a bid deal for me... but we have manyy inside jokes..

such as ducks, fast food, SEXual things...

so i dont know!

Prodigal Princess

How about tickets to a sporting event you know he'd enjoy? Give the tickets to him over a meal at McDonald's. :love:

I've never attempted to get romantical with my V-day gifts for guys, it's contrived and for some reason they just don't seem to like giant stuffed teddy bears... I have no idea why? :confused::cool: