Just friends?

Well, Ive known this girl for the past 4 years. We met in high school and have been friends ever since. We did have about a year where we didnt speak much but that was because of a relationship i was in(of course i regret it).

Recently I have noticed that i have developed feelings for her. I finally made my mind up as of this weekend to tell her and get it over with. The thing is im not expecting much to come of it to be honest. Hoping for best expecting the worst.

So im wondering if this friendship can become anything more than? Obviously everyone is different but this is a complete mystery area for me.

bobby shashastra

Start spending more time with her and try to gauge her feelings from that. Ask her to have lunch (just as friends) and see how she acts around you, how much she flirts etc. You should be able to get a reasonable idea.

• Author

Well, when we hang out we generally have fun. Doesn't matter what we talk about or do. As for flirting, well thats 1 of those things that go over my head most of the time TBH.

Friendships can become relationships it depends on nature and if natural feelings arise between the both of you. There are stories of close friends who have become couples, married and had children together (you get the general idea).

I'm an honest and straight talking individual, therefore I'd advise you to tell her as soon as possible. It's a risk, you could strain, or ruin your friendship, but if you are close friends then I am sure you can work things out, good luck! :)

• Author

Well the only problem iv had in telling her is basically pinning her down for a 1 on 1. Im not too too concerned with the friendship as im convinced it will survive and hopefully get stronger if anything.

Thanks for the advice.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Well, we finally had our talk today. It went as i had expected which was that she didn't feel the same way for me as i do for her. But the good news is that we are still very good friends, and surprisingly it was the easiest let down ever. Forward I go!