Do you think he wants to be "more than friends"?

nickilovespookie

nickilovespookie

I've got a friend at work. He's 47 and I'm 23. We get along very well. He's got good conversation. He's a single guy, never been married, no kids, lives alone and all of this is mostly because he's kinda anal. He has a friend that's 31 and I suggested maybe going on a date with her and he said she's too young. So that makes me believe I have nothing to worry about.

Honestly, I think he just wants to be friends with me. We go to lunch once or twice a week but two weekends ago I went over to his house (for the 1st time) to make dinner. We both love the CCQ from Los Banditos and he thinks he makes it better. He didn't try anything and didn't seem like he wanted to. We ate then watched a movie, he sat on his recliner and I on the couch. Wasn't weird, just hangin out.

People think he might be secretly in love with me though and think it's weird. He texts me too, like when I'm working just to see how I'm doing and other times too. Not too much, just to say hi. We don't talk on the phone though. And we email at work. Never anything about sex or anything like that just our lives in general but not in a falling in love type way, at all.

What are your thoughts?

Edited by nickilovespookie
Blue Eyed Brain

He's circling the airport. Give him time and he may make the moves. Be prepared.

I, personally, think it would be unwise to date so far out of your age group. His and your needs are so different that it may make you age too quickly. Unless he is very immature for his age, and on that note, is he worth catching...

• Author
nickilovespookie

Well, we're not dating. My bf and I recently broke up (nothing to do with him) but we're still trying to work it out. He knows all about the bf, it's not like that.

He's not immature at all.

I think he might be "circling the airport" too but I don't want him too. I think I'm just going to withdraw a bit, only do lunches since we work together but nothing outside of work and not text.

Well it sounds like totally just friends right now to me, but even then you don't hang out with someone unless you enjoy their company. Maybe he's just kind of shy or slow-to-warm up, or doesn't want to come on too strong.

I think he just wants companionship from you, he might just want a special friend, a close bond without having a relationship with you. If he does want a relationship with you, in time it will become apparent. However for the time being, just relax and enjoy his company.