A shy guy

Angela

I like a shy guy. We met in Scandinavia while I was there on holiday. The problem is not a long-distance relationship per se, the problem is more due to the fact that he is reserved.

I am pretty sure that he really likes me. Everyone who knows him says that if I want him, I have to "go after him" because he's so shy.

We talk on the phone about once a week. After 2 months of this, I am curious as to whethern there's any hope for a relationship. As I said, the long-distance part isn't my main problem.

But, I hate the idea that females have to chase guys.

I am 32, and he is 36. He is single and has never been married. He has not been in a relationship for about 4 years.

Ironically, he is 6 feet 4 and about 200 pounds and has a job in law enforcement. But, when we spend time together, he acts more like a pussy cat.

He also comes froma small town and I now live in a fast-paced big city. So, I think that he's on a different speed than me.

Any advice? I think he's worth some extra effort, but I don't want to do all the "emotional" work.

I like a shy guy. We met in Scandinavia while I was there on holiday. The problem is not a long-distance relationship per se, the problem is more due to the fact that he is reserved. I am pretty sure that he really likes me. Everyone who knows him says that if I want him, I have to "go after him" because he's so shy. We talk on the phone about once a week. After 2 months of this, I am curious as to whethern there's any hope for a relationship. As I said, the long-distance part isn't my main problem.

But, I hate the idea that females have to chase guys. I am 32, and he is 36. He is single and has never been married. He has not been in a relationship for about 4 years. Ironically, he is 6 feet 4 and about 200 pounds and has a job in law enforcement. But, when we spend time together, he acts more like a pussy cat. He also comes froma small town and I now live in a fast-paced big city. So, I think that he's on a different speed than me. Any advice? I think he's worth some extra effort, but I don't want to do all the "emotional" work.

Hi!

A shy policeman from a small town. Ironic, isn't it? You could have a great time teaching him what city people do. Just have fun with him for awhile and forget about deep emotional stuff for now. And yes, you'll probably have to do most of the coaxing. Think of it this way. You can relax with a small town guy, and he can be wowed by a city girl.