...then why ask?

...and I thought game playing stopped after high school! :laugh:

I have no idea what she's up to, but a woman I started "dating" (loosest sense of the word) after having known her for over 2 years has been playing weird...

First off, we "dated" (again, loose sense) at weekends for a few weeks - things went OK, nothing serious, etc...

Then, I sent her a card at Valentine's (addressed only to her as a friend, nothing more)...and from that point on things cooled very quickly to the point of absolute zero! :laugh:

The following week, we arranged another meet, which she cancelled at the last minute, but she then hastily arranged another meet for the next day...

So, I met with her the following day, and you could have cut the atmosphere with a knife! Heck, was she on a downer or what...

We traded messages back and forth thereafter, but the "tone" was not the same (if you get what I mean) - I was honest with her, and told her that the atmosphere on our hastily arranged meet-up day made me feel kinda uncomfortable, and she basically said that she didn't feel all too well on that particular day...

So...why didn't she cancel? :confused: Well, apparently, it was to keep me "happy", but I've had more fun learning algebra that going out on that day... :lmao:

Anyhow, recently, she's asked me if I'm still interested in a theme evening which she suggested before things went sour - I replied "sure, tell me where and when", only for her to reply that she "doesn't know". I then replied again, telling her to get in touch when she does know of a time and place of where the theme night's being held...

...and as if by magic, I've had no reply (not that I'm holding out for one anyway)...

Hmm - this makes me wonder...

Did she have any intention of holding this theme night at all, or...

Does she expect me to hold it at my place (I've got my own place, while she still lives with her folks)?

If it's the former, why did she even bother bringing the subject up? If it's the latter, she can get that idea right out of her head - why organise a theme night to be spent which would essentially be (to me) a night in which would more than likely end up at my expense anyway?

Trust me to meet the weird ones! :laugh:

I think she's just kinda questioning where all this is going to lead? Don't speculate or assume I say. If you really want to pursue something, then initiate the time and date. The worst thing that'll happen is that she won't reply. But you won't know til you try.

games will never stop being played

i guess its human nature to never make things as straightforward or simple at times; especially when it comes to mutual attraction.

anyways, this girl doesn't seem like someone worth spending too much time worrying about. If she really liked you, I'd have to say she'd at least give it a bit more effort and make the dates more fun.

Oh and with such a bad experience the last time, I'd be hard pressed to even bother going out on another date with someone with less enthusiasm than a cardboard box.

Let her do the work to contact you. Also try to make it known what your feelings are towards her (she may think you only see her as a friend. . . but who knows right?)