Does she need to trust me more?

I have this friend that I like and we get along well, she touches me a lot in class. Especially if there are other girls around. I'm reading her right, I'm pretty sure, cause there are times we are talking while walking and she's looking at me and she's not even watching where she is going. I wanted to get to know her well enough to actually start doing things outside of school together maybe, so I suggested we study together to see how that goes. I asked for her cell number TRUTHFULLY just as a means to let each other know if we can't make it on certain days. It's not like she was flat out against it, but she would have rather me contact her through email or something. I would think that if she didn't like me she would be against the idea of one on one time all together...:confused: How am I suppose to establish more trust with her? Should I use this study thing as an opportunity to do that?

If she's more flirty with you when other girls are around, it has nothing to do with you. Contact her via e-mail, see if the study thing comes together, and take it from there. I personally think you're in the friend zone but am happy to be wrong :)

• Author

Well, she acts like that even when there are no girls around she just does it more when around them, or she'll watch when I'm talking with another girl. I may be just a friend though, I don't care, she's really nice anyway and would rather be friends first. But lately, she's been looking at me kind of weird... I use to be able to look her in the eyes when I talk to her, but now I can't do it for too long. I'll see how it works out though.

Edited by Nintenja
neveragain2493

i know this sounds strange, but i would much rather have a guy contact me over e-mail, AIM, myspace, etc. rather than phone.

it gives me more time to think about what i want to say and take it in. i hate talking on the phone because i don't know what to say.

and maybe this is the girl's problem. maybe when you talk to other girls, she gets jealous.

and maybe you ARE reading her right.

if not, don't stress. some good relationships can come from a friendship.

:]