what's his deal??

I've been chatting with a really cool guy on match.com for about 2 weeks now. We seem to have a lot in common, and I think we could really hit it off. I've been waiting for him to ask to meet, because I've been agressive in the past and I wanted to play this one differently, but 2 weeks and nothing yet.

So I emailed him thursday and asked if he'd like to go see a comedy play on Saturday night at an outdoor ampetheatre here in town. He gets back to me a couple hours later and says "thanks, but I can't. It's a good friends 35th birthday and we're all going out."

He doesn't counter offer or anything. Is he not interested or is he just not good at this internet dating thing??

Should I just forget him and move on, or should I send him a response saying something like, "Well let me know if you'd like to get together sometime" and leave it in his court??

"Well let me know if you'd like to get together sometime" and leave it in his court

Do that. Then forget him, at that point further contact should be up to him.

[color=indigo]

Consider this: You've only been talking to him for 2 weeks!! I know some people feel comfortable meeting people online in person after a short period of time of talking with them, but maybe this guy is different. He might want to get to know you a little bit better before he takes the plunge and meets you in person. You have to consider his feelings on the subject.

My advice is to just be patient and continue talking to him and getting to know him better. If he doesn't mention meeting up after a few more weeks, then I would either ask him if he ever wants to meet, or just forget him. Give him time though. Not everyone is gung-ho about meeting strangers from the internet. You never know who someone is behind a computer.

[/color]