should I call him?

I met this guy a week ago, we met years ago but were both attached at the time. We made out a little that night and he asked me out on a date. He called me a day later and we made plans for the weekend to go out to dinner. We went to dinner and had a fabulous time. He ended up spending the night (we both had been drinking) but there was no sex, I was not ready, but I did tease him a little. He left the next morning and didn't say anything about getting together again so I texted messaged him and told him to call me on his way home (he was traveling that day to another state and was contemplating staying over the night and not coming home until today). I haven't heard from him. His birthday is Wednesday and I was thinking about calling him if I haven't heard from him to wish him a happy birthday and see about getting together again to maybe celebrate. Is this a bad move? Or should I wait and see if he calls back and if he doesn't just let it go? He's going away for the week on his birthday and I won't see him for awhile after that. There's a slight chance we may one day run into each other again.

Don't call him. You already text messaged him and he did not call. He has your number--the ball is in his court now.