My Friend and I are getting intimate

I have a good friend who recently expressed her feelings for me. To tell you the truth I've been attracted to her since the first time I ever met her. I was in a relationship back then and never thought much of it. She ended up getting with one of my good friends.

Since then, my ex girlfriend broke up with me around the end of summer 2007. Her exboyfriend broke up with her around the same time. Since we were good friends, we talked to each other about our situations. We were both having a tough time. I never thought about anything ever starting between us.

Like I said earlier in the post, she told me recently that she's diggen me. I don't know but this really confused me. I guess we always indirectly were flirting with one another but I really tried not to think about it. There were a couple of nights we hung out late and I was really feeling this wierd feeling and attraction between us. Again I blocked it.

Only until she told me she liked me, I let myself loose a little. We've kicked it a few times and even ended up sleeping together (no actually intercourse though.) I have never went this far with a "friend." I'm not sure how to feel about it. We really try to communicate our expectations. And so far we both agree that we want to remain friends but are cool with being intimate. We both feel we are not ready to get into another committed relationship. I'm not sure if this is healthy though. Also I feel a little guilty because she used to be with one of my really good friends.

The truth is he is actually ready to move on. I'm just not sure if there's reason to really talk to him about my situation with her. It really isn't his business anymore. The only thing since we all have similar friends, people might find out.

I'm just a little confused and don't know what to do.

Is it okay to have a this type of relationship with a friend? I also don't want our friendship to be damaged. (Both mines and hers and mines and her exs). At the same time, it really feels good to be hanging out and being intimate at the same time.

Have any of you been through something similar to this? Or do any of you have any opinions on the matter?

xpaperxcutx

I think the both of you are still kinda hung up on the fact that you're both apart from your exes, and are trying to fill each other's void with each other's presence. If the two of you are not ready to be in another relationship, I caution you not to be so intimate with her because the possibility of you falling for her are high, and should you guys happen to have one of those nights where you "accidentally" sleep with each other, there will be tension between the two of you, if later on one of you decides to be friends. Figure out what it is you want from her and her from you, so that in the future neither of you ends up stringing the other along.