Why Does This Happen?????????????

floridadude87

Im 21 and ive been dating this girl thats 23. We went out 3 times, we got along very well almost perfect are intrests are very similar we could spend hours talking about life and are beliefs. she says i am more mature and worldly than people 10 years older than myself. All of a sudden she tells me that she cant get over the age thing, she said she tried to get over it everytime we went out but she couldnt, she said becides that im perfect for her and she would love to be with me. she wants to be friends now and she said eventually she might get over it. What should i do? I dunno if shes testing me to see if i can be in it for the long haul, or she just plain does not like me.

Well I think you did pretty good if that's the best excuse she can come up with. Next! :)

My translation: Thanks. I met someone else and I'll be happy to keep you on the back burner if you wish.

The main thing to understand is that a woman will continue to date you while she works through minor issues like a 2 year age difference if, and this is important, if she has attraction to you.

strongertoday

I am 9 years older than my guy and I have huge Age issues....but never would I have stopped seeing him while I work thru them...

IMO something else is happening behind the scenes...its not you

:)

MoonlightLover
Im 21 and ive been dating this girl thats 23. We went out 3 times, we got along very well almost perfect are intrests are very similar we could spend hours talking about life and are beliefs. she says i am more mature and worldly than people 10 years older than myself. All of a sudden she tells me that she cant get over the age thing, she said she tried to get over it everytime we went out but she couldnt, she said becides that im perfect for her and she would love to be with me. she wants to be friends now and she said eventually she might get over it. What should i do? I dunno if shes testing me to see if i can be in it for the long haul, or she just plain does not like me.

Seems like a rather shallow reason to end a relationship. She has issue's, i'd leave her to it personally. If it's a test...pretty bloody strange way of conducting it. Fight for her if you want...but is this the type of person you want to be with...someone who dumps you because of a little age gap issue?

PinkKittyKat

Hahaha OMG a TWO year age difference? That's NOTHING. Is she really looking for a guy within one year of her age? That'll cut her choices down drastically. :lmao:

Anyway, I don't think she was serious....I think that was just her lame on-the-spot excuse. You're better off without this one. Anyway, she doesn't sound too bright(or honest) if that was all she could think of!!

I have to agree with the other poster who thought it was shallow. thats probably one of the worst excuses Iv heard to breakup a relationship, especially with only 2 years difference. I say shes got other issues than JUST the age difference.

You've been friend-zoned. You should laugh at her, playfully call her shallow, and tease her for assuming you were trying to get with her in the first place. Then punch her in the arm, call her a dork, give her a quick hug from the side and change the subject.

Oh, and date other girls. Don't be afraid to bring them around in front of her, either. Maybe you can try again with her later on, but for now, date other girls.

Edited by Phateless