trouble with a big loser- sorry this is long

Hi-

Well here's the problem. My friend was seeing this guy for four years.He has a 2 yr. old with another girl so of course that girl will always stay a part of his life.anyway, he would tell my friend things like i want to marry you and commit, but he would never take it any further and he would say that she had to wait until his custody settlement with the child went through before they could "start their life together." then, out of the blue he would tell her he didnt want anything to do with her and never to speak to him again. the next day he would call her as if nothing happened and would ask her why she was upset!! well this continued for 4 yrs. she found out that his ex was staying at his apartment, when supposedly he wanted nothing to do with her and that she was crazy. well then why was she there, right? well my friend decided to confront this girl and tell her everything from the beginning and find out the truth. he had asked BOTH of them to marry him at the same time!!! he told the ex that he and my friend were just friends. he came to the apartment later to find them both there wanting an explanation. of course he had nothing to say. what i want to know is, she said that she is finally going to get over that two-timing liar, but i would imagine 4 yrs takes a long time to get over. he is starting to call her again, saying things like, "well i forgive you now." i think she is considering getting back with that fungus. what can i say or do to help her really have the courage to stop talking to this loser??!!

what can i say or do to help her really have the courage to stop talking to this loser??!!

Chelsea, there is not much you can do to help your fried

in this matter. She has been with this LOSER for 4 years now, and he has treated her like ##### for 4 years. If she hasn't found the courage, and strenght of will to leave him and forget him by now, then not much you or anyone else tells her will do much good.

My advice is to tell her how you feel, and be BRUTALLY HONEST about it. Then simply sit back, wait for her to get hurt and get rid of him (whenever that may be), and then comfort her when she needs you.

Hi- Well here's the problem. My friend was seeing this guy for four years.He has a 2 yr. old with another girl so of course that girl will always stay a part of his life.anyway, he would tell my friend things like i want to marry you and commit, but he would never take it any further and he would say that she had to wait until his custody settlement with the child went through before they could "start their life together." then, out of the blue he would tell her he didnt want anything to do with her and never to speak to him again. the next day he would call her as if nothing happened and would ask her why she was upset!! well this continued for 4 yrs. she found out that his ex was staying at his apartment, when supposedly he wanted nothing to do with her and that she was crazy. well then why was she there, right? well my friend decided to confront this girl and tell her everything from the beginning and find out the truth. he had asked BOTH of them to marry him at the same time!!! he told the ex that he and my friend were just friends. he came to the apartment later to find them both there wanting an explanation. of course he had nothing to say. what i want to know is, she said that she is finally going to get over that two-timing liar, but i would imagine 4 yrs takes a long time to get over. he is starting to call her again, saying things like, "well i forgive you now." i think she is considering getting back with that fungus. what can i say or do to help her really have the courage to stop talking to this loser??!!

Hi

This is a problem that many women have. A fear of being alone. For some reason they believe that having any kind of relationship is better than no relationship at all. She needs to feel better about herself. You could help by being there for her. Go out with her and have fun. Meet people and let her get into the swing of enjoying herself. This girl has a low self esteem. So compliment her a lot. Share some secrets with her. Don't offer her advice, just have girl-talks with her. Eventually she will start to open up to you. But she has to be sure that you won't make judgements and ridicule her.

Chelsea, there is not much you can do to help your fried in this matter. She has been with this LOSER for 4 years now, and he has treated her like ##### for 4 years. If she hasn't found the courage, and strenght of will to leave him and forget him by now, then not much you or anyone else tells her will do much good. My advice is to tell her how you feel, and be BRUTALLY HONEST about it. Then simply sit back, wait for her to get hurt and get rid of him (whenever that may be), and then comfort her when she needs you.

Ren

I'm with you on this one, I also believe that if two people are truly best friends it does matter what the other one thinks of her/his boyfriend.

Honesty is the best policy and when this person comes to you say I told you so.