Running backwards towards nowhere

Hemmed Up

Why is he doing this to me? I’ll explain

He tells me he will never let me go, that he will do whatever it takes to get to me.Yet, each time I speak with him, he screams at me to hang up on him. I do most of the times, but what is the use? He will call back. I can ignore, he will fill up my voicemail. This phone number cannot be changed.

He tells me that I better get packing, and get the heck out of town by the time he gets into town, if I want him to leave me alone. If I don’t leave, he says, he will be there soon and find me and the consequences wont be nice because he is a revengeful person. He tells me I have 2 choices- Go to him, or leave town immediately, and go into hiding. He actually screams at me to get out of town right away.

He tells me not to answer the phone, and change my mailing address. I have done both, but still have found no relief.

I don’t understand why he is telling me to do the complete opposite of what he wants me to do, and yet, when I take his advice, and do exactly that, he still persists. I have moved. He has found me. I have changed my number, he has found it. I changed my mailing address, he has found it. Why push me to do these things then?

Please help me make sense of this.

• Author

Thought I would write and voice my frustrations. I cant seem to get help anywhere. I just feel so down sometimes.

borelandkaren
Why is he doing this to me? I’ll explain

He tells me he will never let me go, that he will do whatever it takes to get to me.Yet, each time I speak with him, he screams at me to hang up on him. I do most of the times, but what is the use? He will call back. I can ignore, he will fill up my voicemail. This phone number cannot be changed.

He tells me that I better get packing, and get the heck out of town by the time he gets into town, if I want him to leave me alone. If I don’t leave, he says, he will be there soon and find me and the consequences wont be nice because he is a revengeful person. He tells me I have 2 choices- Go to him, or leave town immediately, and go into hiding. He actually screams at me to get out of town right away.

He tells me not to answer the phone, and change my mailing address. I have done both, but still have found no relief.

I don’t understand why he is telling me to do the complete opposite of what he wants me to do, and yet, when I take his advice, and do exactly that, he still persists. I have moved. He has found me. I have changed my number, he has found it. I changed my mailing address, he has found it. Why push me to do these things then?

Please help me make sense of this.

Record what he says and go to the police. This man is dangerous. Go to the police.

A absolutely agree.

Let him fill up your voicemail box and then go to the Police. Keep records of exactly what contact he makes with you and what he threatens you with.

You can take control of this situation. You may not feel you can, but no one is allowed to treat someone else this way - that is why we have laws about it. It is very very important that you do this - do you realise that many women are physically harmed by unstable men every year?

There is no way you should feel trapped in this situation. Go to the authorities - tell your friends and family - it is important that everyone is alert to the fact that you may need protection. This man is unstable and potentially violent - you are in no way to blame for this and you have an absolute right to be protected from him. Please take the first step toward freeing yourself.

borelandkaren

Sweetheart, I lived through a similar scenario and fought everything he did to the letter of the law. At every turn the police were at his door. I ended up moving interstate and if this what you have to do, then do it. Men sometimes follow women for years and finally do very extreme and violent things to them. DO NOT END UP A STATISTIC. TAKE THIS VERY SERIOUSLY. YOUR LIFE MAY WELL BE IN DANGER. DO NOT TAKE IT LIGHTLY. STAND UP FOR YOURSELF NOW.