My husband slapped me

crysmont

Yesterday, my husband and I were arguing and he suddenly slapped me. I have left him but I have nowhere to go. I live in georgia and my family lives in Texas. I have a four month old son and I don't what to do. I am just sitting at the library right now trying to make a decision. I applied for assistancd through DFACS but they wont even interview me until next week and I'm afraid they will try to take my son away if I stay at a shelter. Please someone help

Hi,

I dont know about the laws where you live as I live in England, if it was here you could go to a police station and they would get you in contact with domestic violence and they would find you temporary housing and would not take your child from you.

You need to stay away, however scared you are! Are you a joint owner of the house? Can you get to your parents? Do you have money to get there?

I hope you are ok

Please find a battered women's shelter, or call a friend or family member for shelter. If you don't have any close friends, then try co-workers or even just neighbors you know. If you have to get away, that is job #1.

tinktronik

The poster that suggested a battered women's shelter was spot on .Your kid will not be taken if you go there. Or, call your family and see if they will help.

Art_Critic

You could also go to the police..

The police will be able to give you all the info you need for assistance...

Google cobb county domestic the top of the list is the cobb county police website there is a link to a pdf on that website with all the numbers you might need or at least that can help you.

the link you would click says this " Download a Domestic Violence Pamphlet"

I also live in Ga.. so the links I gave you may not be the same ones you might need but you could google your counties police webpage to get the info for domestic violence

tinktronik
Yesterday, my husband and I were arguing and he suddenly slapped me. I have left him but I have nowhere to go. I live in georgia and my family lives in Texas. I have a four month old son and I don't what to do. I am just sitting at the library right now trying to make a decision. I applied for assistancd through DFACS but they wont even interview me until next week and I'm afraid they will try to take my son away if I stay at a shelter. Please someone help

Have you contacted your fam? Where are they in TX?

Just go to the police, they will give you the help you need right now, and contact your family and let them support you in this scary time!

Let me get this straight. You left your husband because he slapped you or were you two already separated when happened? Does your husband have a history of physically abusing you, or was this sudden? What were you guys arguing about?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm so sorry this has happend to you. NO one deserves to be hit.. it's abuse. You should look up a Domestic Violence hot line in your area for info on shelters. Please do stay away from him. Stay strong.

AP:)

Look for a Family Violence Prevention Center in your area, If you can't find them call social services and they will direct you in what to do. They will see you immediately and take you to a shelter for battered women and children. They will assist you in every way they can in staying safe. Whatever you do don't go back to him.

Let us know if you are OK.

The Collector

'Suddenly'?

You hadn't done anything? You were just arguing, like 'regular folks', and he just randomly and without provocation escalated to a physical response? And this is the whole story you are telling us here? And you had a child with this man while having no idea he was abusive or violent?

Collector, this is not nearly as uncommon as you seem to think. A lot of men can seem to be a decent man and only a little controlling but non violent...then one day out of the blue they take it too far and become physically abusive and stay that way once the line is crossed. don't blame her for picking him, I am sure she didn't know he would ever slap her. The same thing happened with my husband, however my situation played out quite different because the psycho in me comes out and can make a giant cower. But my point is I was with my husband for 3 years before he dared to touch me in anger, never any signs of violence.

I'd love to track women beaters and catch them alone, then beat them until they're crying for their mommy.....:mad: