hidden meaning of odd habit

Midway Monster

I work with a woman who I have a suspicion likes me. She and I have always playfully flirted with each other. However, she has a very odd habit she does when I am around her. Whenever I am sitting or standing by her she will (unconciously, I think) pucker her lips and blow air out making a noise. I always found this odd because she only does this when I am around. We can both be working next to each other silently at our computers and all of the sudden I will hear here making that noise. It reminds me of someone who clicks a pen or taps their foot. I did not think very much of this until I recently read a book about body language. In this book it stated that lips are one of the most sexual parts of the human body and that people will unconciously pucker their lips when they see someone or something they desire. I immeditely thought of my coworkers habit when I read this. I am just curious if anyone else has this habit or knows of someone that does. I really found the book on body language to be interesting. It is amazing all of the inner emotions and thoughts we reveal through our subtle movements and gestures.

king_midas

I wouldn't look too deeply into it. I doubt her habit is a secret green light for "OMG SCREW ME NOW". I mean, you could be right, I don't know, but I wouldn't use that as your only evidence.

Perhaps she just feels comfortable around you so doesn't hesitate in her odd habit, and because you like her you've interpreted it in your favour? People flirt without it necessarily meaning anything, but yes our bodies speak unconsciously. For example, if a a woman is comfortable around a certain person, she will tend to cross her legs so that her groin is "exposed" rather than having a thigh block it. I've observed this a lot, and believe there is some truth to it...

Storyrider
I always found this odd because she only does this when I am around.

Funny how that is.

In this book it stated that lips are one of the most sexual parts of the human body and that people will unconciously pucker their lips when they see someone or something they desire.

That's so cool! So they just pass out... wow!! I will look out for the lip puckering in future, and try to catch them before they hit the floor.

Trialbyfire

Do you pass her a paper bag, to ensure she doesn't hyperventilate? How can you resist not laughing? I would seriously be rolling on the floor laughing! :lmao:

Storyrider

The OP is suffering from a severe case of observer effect, combined with a nasty dose of post hoc ergo hoc.

See a doctor immediately.

I always found this odd because she only does this when I am around.

Have you been observing her through binoculars?! I think it's time to pull off the private detective, and make your move.

I have been blowing kisses to my hot co worker for the longest time , lol...It just means you are hella sexy !

Trialbyfire

This thread makes me think of a whistling sound, when she sucks and blows air through pursed lips. :lmao: