Is this normal? when its my birthday my bf doesnt buy me anything

I noticed every year when its my birthday my bf doesnt buy me anything.But when it is his birthday he lets me know and wonders if I'm going to have something for him.Which I always do get him something.

Is this normal? Maybe men just arent into shopping.

Patty

YOU ASK: "Is this normal?"

Nothing is normal or not normal but his attitude is certainly selfish, self-centered, egocentric, and totally unacceptable. You need to put your foot down and let him know that since he hasn't gotten you anything for your birthdays you assume that the unspoken rule in the relationship is that there will be no gifts on birthdays...simple as that. If he gives you any crap, give him a map out of your neighborhood.

You might not want to say anything at all to him until he gives you another hint. That would be a good time to tell him you just figured that since he didn't get you anything for your birthday...you just figured that wasn't supposed to happen either way.

Does he take you out to a nice dinner and get you a card for your birthday? Maybe he isn't into shopping or maybe he doesn't know what you like...but he should treat you the way he wants to be treated on his birthday.

I would sit down with him and nicely let him know what you want for your birthday. You could want a night out on the town, a weekend get away, a nice dinner and a movie, or a gift. If you want him to get you a gift, try to give him ideas as to what you like.

• Author

We usually dont go out to dinner much,but I will try telling him things I like.

Thanks.

Patty