men who w/draw

emersonrose

He and I have been friends for over 3 years, an occasional date and very little intimacy. I once approached him about my feelings and he replied that he wasn't ready...this occurred about a year ago. Since then he has met my entire family and wants to do some business w/ my Dad and his Associates. Well, the other day I mentioned to him that an old boyfriend wanted to get back together which in turn would move me back to California and he's someone I've know for a long time and at one point lived with him for a few years. I did not say that I would consider going back to him, it just surprised me that this person was wanting to pursue a more serious relationship again. Well, since that conversation with him, he will not reply to my e-mails...not one response from him. What's up with that...

I think a maturity level has been exposed here. Or lack of it? He's obviously threatened by any commitment on his part, but feeling lost after you expressed your thoughts to him. He's feeling totally rejected, and as such, can't bear to have the (perceived) pain of responding to you.

I'm afraid you have to let him go back to the pond, and grow into a bigger fish. Hopefully he can. I don't think anything you say will change that either. sadly so...

Another of many examples where us guys are afraid of our emotions, having been trained in the macho "guy" image to project, and now don't know how to do anything else.

Best wishes, doug