My guy friend kissed me... I liked it... now what?

Wonkette2008

I met this guy through another guy friend of mine back in college. He is very sweet, attentive, smart, funny and I have always been attracted to him. One night MANY years ago we hooked up (no sex though, I don't do one night stands), the next day we decided that we should remain friends and call it an isolated, slightly-drunken, encounter.

Now, more than 5 years later, we are still cool and he is living where I am, so we went and partied together. Everything during the night was extremely platonic, but at the end of the night, when he walked me home, I turned to put my key in the door and when I went to face him he was standing VERY close. Without saying anything he kissed me. REALLY kissed me! And worse, I was kissing him back! It was easy, no awkwardness or hesitation. When the kiss was over I was like... "OK! Well!" Just kind of dazed. He just smiled, gave me a last kiss and said, "We'll talk." And left me standing there.

The problem is this... I have been involved with three of our mutual friends in the past:o. One is an old boyfriend from 7 years ago, but we are just friends now. Another is a friend that I had an isolated encounter with, many years ago, but again we are just cool. The third is a guy that i thought I really liked until he told me that he had a girlfriend and that was the end of that.

We are all adults and I don't regret my relationships with any of these men, but I am afraid he might have the wrong impression about me because of my having dealt with friends of his.

So I have two questions:

1. Why do you think he kissed me? I am not sure if it comes from wanting something with me, just wanting to have me or if it was just something to do.

2. Do you think he has considered my past relationships with our friends and if so, would that be a negative strike against me?

missdeathwish

Lather, rinse, repeat.

What I mean is, you do it again! Silly! Whether he kissed you because he wants to be with you, has the hots for you, he could have kissed someone else, I'm sure. But he decided to kiss you. He didn't do it just for the heck of it, I'd imagine... I mean, especially since he indicated that he wanted to talk to you again.

As for the strikes against you? Meh, I doubt it'll be a problem. As you said, you're all adults. If it is, you'll find out soon enough. But for now it seems like you're in the clear. Have fun!

So I have two questions:

1. Why do you think he kissed me? I am not sure if it comes from wanting something with me, just wanting to have me or if it was just something to do?

The mare fact he kissed you and said we'll talk states a lot imo. I'd place money that he wants something more

2. Do you think he has considered my past relationships with our friends and if so, would that be a negative strike against me?

On another po. I've never considered the past relationships of any of my girlfriends and while I can't speak for all guys most guys I know wouldn't care

• Author
Wonkette2008

Reading your messages I think I am perhaps over thinking the whole thing. =) I do like him, but "go with the flow" is not normally my forte... =)

thanks =)

• Author
Wonkette2008

OK so here is the next installment -

The next day I woke up and thought.. OK wow. That happened. I had sent him a text that asked if he'd gotten home safely and he wrote back that he was fine and thanks for checkin on him. I didn't know what to say so I just wrote, "I didn't expect the night to end the way that it did, how about you?" He said... no not really, but I enjoyed it. I wrote back same here. That was it. No further contact in two days. Is that a bad sign or is it just too soon to tell? Also, should I wait for him to make another move or should I?

Thoughts?

• Author
Wonkette2008

That's what I thought! I figure if he had wanted to explore it, the action would have been immediate. OK... understood. Like a case of "He's Just Not That Into You."