Does he want more?

The guy at work and I have gotten to be pretty good friends. I'd like to move the relationship up a notch. In other words be more than just friends. I think he does too. We've flirted with each other throughout this whole thing. He tried to move things along before, but it just took me time to trust him because of circumstances. We get along great and there is so much more I'd love to talk to him about. The attraction is there and has been there for a long time both ways. If he asked me how I felt about him right now, i'd tell him the truth. I think we're both mature enough to talk about this. My question is how can someone bring this up? I'll wait for him to say something but I'm wondering if there is an easier way to handle this. He once told me that I'm a hard person to read. Unfortunately he can be too. I could be more obvious with my feelings but I think he picked up on them way back anyway.

The guy at work and I have gotten to be pretty good friends. I'd like to move the relationship up a notch. In other words be more than just friends. I think he does too. We've flirted with each other throughout this whole thing. He tried to move things along before, but it just took me time to trust him because of circumstances. We get along great and there is so much more I'd love to talk to him about. The attraction is there and has been there for a long time both ways. If he asked me how I felt about him right now, i'd tell him the truth. I think we're both mature enough to talk about this. My question is how can someone bring this up? I'll wait for him to say something but I'm wondering if there is an easier way to handle this. He once told me that I'm a hard person to read. Unfortunately he can be too. I could be more obvious with my feelings but I think he picked up on them way back anyway.

If he doesn't initiate, then you should do it. And just ask him out for dinner. It's a little more suggestive than the casual "let's hang out at the coffee place" question, yet subtle enough so that you don't appear as blunt and straightforward about it. :)

During, or after, the dinner, you can reveal your feelings to him if he doesn't do it first. Just check the body language to see that he is having a good time and is interested in you after all.