The Secret - Law Of Attraction and Love?

SadBabyGirl
:) Hi All. I was just wondering if anybody here, who is a believer in the universal laws, or the 'secret' if you may, has used the law of attraction in their relationships or to manifest their love. I am not looking so much as to skepticism but any real life stories or examples to share. I met a man, about 7 months ago that I had always dreamed of and knew he was the one upon seeing him for the first time. The problem is, he sees me as a friend and is extremely introverted and shy, though we are very connected to one another and are always there for each other during times of need. I had already told him that I love him too soon and he got a bit weirded out, but it didn't stop him from still talking and flirting with me. Everyone says how perfect we are and not to give up. I know people have free will -- but I do not think it hurts to think positive and have hope for the future. Please, anybody, share some stories and shed some light? Thankss:love:

The Law of Attraction is not something you "use." It just happens. You put the energy out there and forget about it. You may not ultimately "attract" the person you had in mind but you will attract the perfect person for yourself. If you have money needs, you may not attract the money for the new car but the car will manifest itself in whatever manner the universe elects.

So stop putting out effort and believe that you will get the love and whatever else you need. It will happen in good time but only in proportion to your lack of effort. The Law of Attraction just happens according to your belief and not according to any effort you may put forth. Just believe and let the universe do the rest.

Of course, always think positive...but please don't try to force things that may not be good for you. The Universe knows!

• Author
SadBabyGirl

Thanks Hun! Thats exactly the kind of response I was seeking. I have ready many books and watched the secret as well as Abraham Hicks lectures on youtube, and I was thinking like wow, could this really work and I began to think, wow you know,... I have noticed that a lot of times, when I begin to forget about something I wanted so badly for so long, or I am like I give up!!! The phone rings. that text comes. He is on the doorstep. I guess you really do have to let go and let the Universe... my problem is I am very impatient. I always wonder when it is going to happen so I can prepare myself. Not to say I am not, I am very driven, focused on my studies and my career, but at the same time I have had deep feelings for somebody for 7 months and it just wont go away.... it is something special I do not want to lose...so I know it is more than a crush and I feel he is good for me... perhaps timing is off or I just don't know when to quit. Hehe!!

Lastly, there is one thing that really throws me off.. These 'self help' books I see at the bookstores claim that if you are interested in someone, they say play hard to get, make yourself a challenge, be unattainable in the beginning, etc. I had noticed it does bring him closer to me...

however could this be against what the LOA stands for? If you are shouting no at something or making yourself scarce could it backfire :D

Have you ever thought in that amaaaazing cliche ... "If you really want to know if he is interested in you let him go, if he comes back he might be the one, if not he never was".

you know what?? it is sooo true.

let time give you the answers, don't go ahead and wonder... I am always crazy about love and passion and all these things, it has come to torture me really!!!. sometimes when I really like someone and they say they will call, I cannot even sleep because I am so excited. But I never let my emotions take control of my conscience.

You know what?? we are human beings, we have needs, it is soo normal you are so attracted in the law of attraction and stuff. But seriously...

Think about the amazing cliche.

After all, who's meant to be for you will be meant to be for you and nobody else. There he is, and if he isn't, the right guy for you there sure is somebody else in another place on earth looking for someone just like you, but maybe it is not the right time for you guys to meet yet.

To extrapolate on what Tony said, you can't *use* The Secret to bring you what you desire in a very literal and direct sense. And how manipulative would that be, anyhow?

Practice The Law of Attraction to maintain positive energy in your life. Trust that this positive energy will reach the Universe, and in return, it will bring you what you are meant to have and when.

Separately, I read your other thread, and I don't think this guy is interested in you romantically, as the others had pointed out. :( I know you have made him into your fantasy man, but wishing it into reality isn't going to work.

Keep those positive vibes working, and soon enough, the RIGHT guy will pop into your life... :)

I have too read the book and seen the movie. I would sum up the secret as just thinking positively and thinking about what you want and actually working towards what you want. Keep it in your mind and you will get it. Made me excited to see a post about it on here. It seems like it is becoming more popular, as well as controversial.