I fear the worst....

4givrnt4gtr

So i started a thread a few days ago about how my best guy friend has been acting a bit boyfriendish. Then I updated that thread with the development that he and I ended up getting drunk and bassically hooking up (no sex though) last saturday.

Now, when that happened I freaked out. We kissed for a while and then I jumped up saying we couldnt do that because I didnt want to lose him. We talked it out, he said he would never leave me as a friend, etc etc. He also asked me to come back to bed with him, that we would just sleep but that he needed to know I was ok to be in the same room with him.

Anyway he kept his word and just lay next to me. I couldnt handle it and started kissing him again. We were thisclose to go all the way but I held off.

Somewhere in the middle of it he said he was confused. that I had said I didnt want anything yet I kissed him. I said to not worry, that i wasnt going to freak out again. After that we continued and then just fell asleep together.

I later woke up and couldnt go back to sleep. It was already morning so I decided to leave. He woke up and asked me where I was going. I said I wanted to go home, he seemed rather hurt I would leave him alone.

Anyway, we walked to our cars, hugged bye and left.

After that he has not contact me. I sent him a text later that day saying sorry for freaking out. he said there was no need to apologize. The next day I texted him letting him know some good news about getting into grad school. He texted me back saying congratulations and that we should celebrate.

But since then I havent heard from him at all. Im worried that he now feels awkward despite of him saying he wouldnt. I dont really know how to take this or if i should worry at all.

What do you all think?

• Author
4givrnt4gtr
I know this is stupid, but wasn't he the last one to text you? If so, maybe you could send the next text.

Yeah but that was in response to mine. He said something along the lines of "congratulations, gather the troops its time to celebrate" and I responded with "im on it!"

That was it....

missdeathwish

I agree. Send this guy a text. It sounds like he really likes you. If you're not interested in a relationship, you should probably not make out with him anymore, but it sounds like you probably are interested in trying it out. Give him a call and arrange to go fly a kit or something this weekend.

Think a bit about what you want, and once you know, talk to him about it. :-)

Wishing you the best

• 2 weeks later...
After that he has not contact me. I sent him a text later that day saying sorry for freaking out. he said there was no need to apologize. The next day I texted him letting him know some good news about getting into grad school. He texted me back saying congratulations and that we should celebrate.

But since then I havent heard from him at all. Im worried that he now feels awkward despite of him saying he wouldnt. I dont really know how to take this or if i should worry at all.

What do you all think?

Well he still wants to be your friend, the thing is he seems hurt and rejected and trying to put on a brave face just for you so you don't see him all weak and wounded.

Guys are sensitive, no matter what they say, when a girl rejects him, even if its as simple as going home, they take it personally, and most guys won't let you know, cause they want to be the bigger person and make you happy with whatever you choose.

The fact he said "no need to apologize" was a clear sign that he is okay with what happened and understood your actions from it all, but is also linger on the fact that you two got together.

Then with the next day texting telling him you got into grad school and he said get everyone together, well, he still wants to see you and be near you thats for sure. But being you will be around people and probably in a public place, it gives him a chance to not have to be alone with you.

See after a guy has hooked up with a friend that know for quite some time and things were a little awkward and what not, they will be more willing to hang out in public or with a group of friends, then alone with you, just in case things have changed and your not up for it or he doesn't feel the same or just wants to be friends and nothing more.

But after the party wind down and you two can be alone, talk to him. Wait till your friends are gone and are maybe behind close doors, so he can 1) focus on the question at large and 2) not feel worried that other will judge him on the situation with you or feel pressured, cause guys can feel more opened with one person, more so with females, then with a male friend. Plus he should be more willing to be responsive since your alone together too. I hope this helps and if you need more advice, just let me know!