crush on a guy

melissa

There is this guy who is somewhat cute and sometimes he gives me signs that he could like me, and that gets me confused. The other day he ask me to meet him at a coffeeshop to just hang out, and we did and after he gave me a hug. He and i work in the same place so we see each other everyday, except in his or my day off. Again he said he would like to go somewhere else with me, but I was afraid (or confused?) and I kind of did not say anything. after that he seemed kind of distant. I hated myself for doing that, and wished I had accepted. I'm tryng to talk to him more so he can ask me again. Is it too late? What should I do?

don't wait, go and ask him out... your wasting time.. good luck

There is this guy who is somewhat cute and sometimes he gives me signs that he could like me, and that gets me confused. The other day he ask me to meet him at a coffeeshop to just hang out, and we did and after he gave me a hug. He and i work in the same place so we see each other everyday, except in his or my day off. Again he said he would like to go somewhere else with me, but I was afraid (or confused?) and I kind of did not say anything. after that he seemed kind of distant. I hated myself for doing that, and wished I had accepted. I'm tryng to talk to him more so he can ask me again. Is it too late? What should I do?
Totally Confused

He sounds like a really shy guy and is terrified of being rejected. He's asking you out, because he's interested in you, but yet unsure of what you're feeling, so he's testing the waters (a hug for your reaction). He's studying every little look that you give him (just like you do to him) and every little word you say to him, in the hopes that you'll give him positive feedback, so he can know for sure. He'll look at all the hundreds of positive signs you give him and he'll still question if you like him or not, but one negative sign, he'll say "oh there's my answer, she doesn't like me." It's because of his insecurity and fear of rejection. If you giving him a little negative vibe hurts, how is it going to feel if he outright tells you he likes you and you reject him? It would be easier to walk away and forget about how he feels, than to be totally outright rejected by you if he continues to pursue you and tells you his feelings. All this is going on in his mind, it's not necessarily the reality of the situation.

Now what you need to do is to give him a definite positive. It's obvious he likes you, so now you've got to be the one to ask him to do something like, "Hey, I'm dying to see this movie, would you be interested in going with me?" Or, "last time you asked me out for coffee, now i'm wondering if you'd like to go out for tea?" It's a stupid nerdy line, but it's kind of funny. If anything, he'll chuckle and warm up to you. Don't worry, there's no permanent damage. But just talking to him and being friendly won't do the trick, you're definitely going to have to make the next move.

Good luck and I hope you snag him.

Hi!

Tell him that you would like to go out with him. By not say anything when he asked the last time, he thinks that you aren't interested.