Should I take the first step?

Just wondering

Just wondering

I've known this guy for almost a year now. We are always out together in a group of about 5 of us that always hang together - usually three or four nights week. Every time we all leave to head home we always give each other a hug and a peck on the cheek - guys and gals all around. For the last couple of months this one guy that I've got a major crush on has begun to kiss me on the lips (just gently, no big deal) and hold me a little longer than usual when we all say goodnight and he's the only one who does this in this manner. I've never let on that I would be interested in anything else or even really overly interested in him. It's not real obvious but I've noticed it's becoming a little different. I'd like to try giving him a "bigger" kiss sometime but I'm afraid to take that first step. Also, he always finding ways to sit next to me when we're out, even playing "musical chairs" until he ends up next to me. Then he'll lean into me or over me to talk, brushing close up to me - kinda acting like he can't hear what I'm saying but it feels like an excuse to get closer to me or leaning a leg against me at a table - little things like that. He's a very affectionate guy anyways so I don't want to read anything into this new "behavior" but neither do I want to pass up a chance to get to know him better and let him know I'm interested. Another consideration for me is that he's almost 10 years younger than I am so I don't know if letting him know an "older woman" is interested will freak him or peak his interest. Any ideas that won't scare him off? We're a great group together and I don't want to do something that will spoil the dynamics of the group or make him, me or anyone in the group uncomfortable if I'm way off base here. Also, he's never brought a date into the group so I know he's not seeing anyone else - at least not 3 or 4 nights out the week we're all together!

Sounds like there's romance brewing!! First, I hope he's over 18, otherwise you'll be in a lot of trouble if he's underage (aka...jailbate). If he's over 18, then cool. I know you don't want to ruin the group thing, so maybe suggest to him going somewhere alone, a time and place that no one knows about. Casually mention your noticing his "clinginess". If he shuts you up or changes the subject, his feelings may not have ripened yet. But if he lets you in on the deal, then that's your chance to tell him your feelings. The rest is unknown history!

I've known this guy for almost a year now. We are always out together in a group of about 5 of us that always hang together - usually three or four nights week. Every time we all leave to head home we always give each other a hug and a peck on the cheek - guys and gals all around. For the last couple of months this one guy that I've got a major crush on has begun to kiss me on the lips (just gently, no big deal) and hold me a little longer than usual when we all say goodnight and he's the only one who does this in this manner. I've never let on that I would be interested in anything else or even really overly interested in him. It's not real obvious but I've noticed it's becoming a little different. I'd like to try giving him a "bigger" kiss sometime but I'm afraid to take that first step. Also, he always finding ways to sit next to me when we're out, even playing "musical chairs" until he ends up next to me. Then he'll lean into me or over me to talk, brushing close up to me - kinda acting like he can't hear what I'm saying but it feels like an excuse to get closer to me or leaning a leg against me at a table - little things like that. He's a very affectionate guy anyways so I don't want to read anything into this new "behavior" but neither do I want to pass up a chance to get to know him better and let him know I'm interested. Another consideration for me is that he's almost 10 years younger than I am so I don't know if letting him know an "older woman" is interested will freak him or peak his interest. Any ideas that won't scare him off? We're a great group together and I don't want to do something that will spoil the dynamics of the group or make him, me or anyone in the group uncomfortable if I'm way off base here. Also, he's never brought a date into the group so I know he's not seeing anyone else - at least not 3 or 4 nights out the week we're all together!

Hi!

He's infatuated with you. So yes, make the first move. And maybe he thinks that because you're older, you may not be that interested in him. This is a case where both of you are afraid to make the first move. If you would like to take things further, then go ahead and do it.

Just wondering

Good advice from both of you! As they say "nothing ventured, nothing gained". If I can get him alone somewhere maybe we can find out if there is any real interest or if it's just flirting on both our parts. He's well over 18 so no jail bait worries there! Wish me luck!