International Hottie Leaves........

My boyfriend and I are thisclose. We've been together for 6 mos. now and we both feel that we were meant to be. Our love has past the test, but there are few concerns I have. If you can offer advice on any of the below, great!!

1)He is from UAE (near Saudi) and so once he finishes school he may have to leave for good. As I write this message he is in his country visting now. he left unexpectedly, but he claims he'll be back. Should I cross my fingers?

2)He is a diabetic and has a few health problems. He always talks about dying young. Whenever he talks about our WHOLE future, he always ends with, "until I die....." or "We'll be together until I die..." This bother me!! Why does he think so negatively!? I could die before him!! How can I help him think positive? I'm 18 and he's only 21!! Isn't it a bad sign that he's obsessed with death so young? Also, he speeds in his car and used to smoke because "I'm going to die anyway..." Please help!!

3)His friends hate me. They told me when we first hooked up that i stole their friend. I can understand them, but when they ask him to go to strip clubs or hit on me when he's either gone to his country or in front of him to tease me, I get really worried. My bf said they're just jealous, but how long will this last?????

My boyfriend and I are thisclose. We've been together for 6 mos. now and we both feel that we were meant to be. Our love has past the test, but there are few concerns I have. If you can offer advice on any of the below, great!! 1)He is from UAE (near Saudi) and so once he finishes school he may have to leave for good. As I write this message he is in his country visting now. he left unexpectedly, but he claims he'll be back. Should I cross my fingers? 2)He is a diabetic and has a few health problems. He always talks about dying young. Whenever he talks about our WHOLE future, he always ends with, "until I die....." or "We'll be together until I die..." This bother me!! Why does he think so negatively!? I could die before him!! How can I help him think positive? I'm 18 and he's only 21!! Isn't it a bad sign that he's obsessed with death so young? Also, he speeds in his car and used to smoke because "I'm going to die anyway..." Please help!! 3)His friends hate me. They told me when we first hooked up that i stole their friend. I can understand them, but when they ask him to go to strip clubs or hit on me when he's either gone to his country or in front of him to tease me, I get really worried. My bf said they're just jealous, but how long will this last?????

Hiya,

Just a few things Leeza

a. Hopefully he'll be back, but I wouldn't hang around too long to find out. I get the feeling he mightn't be that reliable. He is only 21.

Also long distance relationships: Imagine really really hard, and then add some more difficulties! I don't mean to be negative, but it's very very difficult keeping intimacy alive over such a distance, especially with a 21 year old guy. So I wouldn't build your hopes up for the future, in case he returns home.

b. Sometimes my Arab friends (there are many here in London), can come across as a bit theatrical, and melodramatic! He may also just be playing on your sympathies. I wouldn't pay too much attention to that.

c. No idea how long his friends will continue to be jerks. More importantly, what kind of a reflection are they on him?

It doesn't say much about him, does it? And they sound consistently stupid. It sounds like they see you like a piece of meat. I wonder how this guy talks about you, to them?

basically, I think you should have a good time with them, enjoy yourself, have a laugh. But don't build your hopes up. He may leave, and even if he doesn't, I've a feeling you could do better than that!

Good Luck!

My boyfriend and I are thisclose. We've been together for 6 mos. now and we both feel that we were meant to be. Our love has past the test, but there are few concerns I have. If you can offer advice on any of the below, great!! 1)He is from UAE (near Saudi) and so once he finishes school he may have to leave for good. As I write this message he is in his country visting now. he left unexpectedly, but he claims he'll be back. Should I cross my fingers? 2)He is a diabetic and has a few health problems. He always talks about dying young. Whenever he talks about our WHOLE future, he always ends with, "until I die....." or "We'll be together until I die..." This bother me!! Why does he think so negatively!? I could die before him!! How can I help him think positive? I'm 18 and he's only 21!! Isn't it a bad sign that he's obsessed with death so young? Also, he speeds in his car and used to smoke because "I'm going to die anyway..." Please help!! 3)His friends hate me. They told me when we first hooked up that i stole their friend. I can understand them, but when they ask him to go to strip clubs or hit on me when he's either gone to his country or in front of him to tease me, I get really worried. My bf said they're just jealous, but how long will this last?????

Hi!

What do you mean by "Your love has passed the test"? There is no test. Unless you are talking about your feelings for him. There are already three things that you want him to change about himself. You won't be able to change him. And if the two of you are really in love, it will last forever. Also, love is a natural feeling. If you have to ask yourself whether or not you're in love, then you aren't in love.

Hello again!

Sorry for sounding so negative at first, but some people get really confused when it comes to love. Does your boyfriend stick up for you when he is with his friends or does he allow them to tease you? You need to realize that his culture has a lot to do with how he acts toward you. In his country, women are property. They don't have rights. And husbands can rent or give their wives to other men whenever they feel like it, and the women have to do as they say. Now he can't do a lot of that in this country because we have laws. But he is from that culture, so he does have those beliefs. You also say that he may be leaving for good once he finishes school. Does this mean that you want to go live with him there? Where you will give up all rights of being a human being? Please think about this.