Should I make the first move?

I met this guy about 5 months back and at that time he was going out with my friend. After a month or so, they broke up. And he's been calling me like every week. We went out a couple of times (no big deal) sometimes with a group of friends. My friends have been telling me what I am waiting for, take the first move....should I? How on earth do I do that? I mean I feel uneasy and shy but I do like him a lot. I don't know whether he likes me or not...probably as a friend. Any advice ?

Guys fear rejection, just like gals. You have to encourage him. Invite him to some sort of function...or ask him to a movie. Then invite him to a movie or dance. Talk to him but don't make it seem like a buddy thing. After you have done that a few times, then just don't call him anymore. I UNCONDITIONALLY GUARANTEE that when he doesn't hear from you, he will call you. When he does, he will invite you out...and then ask him: "Are you asking me on a date?" If he says "yes", tell him yes. If he says it's just a friendship thing, tell him you are busy. You can drive him nuts this way. You just have to have patience. Romance can blossom out of the smallest of ingredients if you play your cards right. And if anybody in this forum says love is not a game, the are DEAR WRONG!!! When it stops being a game, it becomes stale and boring and without sparks and electricity. On the other hand, you can tell him right out you are interested in him and he may say the same about you at that time. But you still can't be too nice and too available too soon or that fondness will flicker out fast.

I met this guy about 5 months back and at that time he was going out with my friend. After a month or so, they broke up. And he's been calling me like every week. We went out a couple of times (no big deal) sometimes with a group of friends. My friends have been telling me what I am waiting for, take the first move....should I? How on earth do I do that? I mean I feel uneasy and shy but I do like him a lot. I don't know whether he likes me or not...probably as a friend. Any advice ?

Hi!

If you want to go out with him, then yes, ask him. Also think about this though. He and your friend broke up. And immediately he started calling you. Maybe he saw that as a way to stay in touch with the girl he broke up with. Or as a way to get back at her. And also think about your reservations about making the first move. Everyone in the world, including men, have a fear of rejection. Noone would get anywhere if they let that fear stop them from pursuing what they want.

• 2 weeks later...
Guys fear rejection, just like gals. You have to encourage him. Invite him to some sort of function...or ask him to a movie. Then invite him to a movie or dance. Talk to him but don't make it seem like a buddy thing. After you have done that a few times, then just don't call him anymore. I UNCONDITIONALLY GUARANTEE that when he doesn't hear from you, he will call you. When he does, he will invite you out...and then ask him: "Are you asking me on a date?" If he says "yes", tell him yes. If he says it's just a friendship thing, tell him you are busy. You can drive him nuts this way. You just have to have patience. Romance can blossom out of the smallest of ingredients if you play your cards right. And if anybody in this forum says love is not a game, the are DEAR WRONG!!! When it stops being a game, it becomes stale and boring and without sparks and electricity. On the other hand, you can tell him right out you are interested in him and he may say the same about you at that time. But you still can't be too nice and too available too soon or that fondness will flicker out fast.

Thanks for your advice... :)

CL

Hi...thanks for the advice. Was thinking of the consequences of what may happen if I did ask him out. Anyway, he's been sending me signals which I'm unsure or unable to read them, he's seems to be nice and interested and I was pretty cool about it. Gee...why can't guys just tell us girls that u wanna go out with us instead of sending signals...hahaha...oh well..that's part of life, right ? Anyway...will let u know what is the outcome.