Who agrees with this

I was reading the thread "we agreed on casual sex, so" and "darkn romantic said the following in response to the thread (and I quote)

Sex between most people is hardly casual. Even if we believe it is. There is ALWAYS feelings involved.

I don't believe that people who hook up for casual sex on a regular basis have feelings. If they are just hooking up for sex, even if they do it regularly and over many months, I still dont believe there are feelings. Men just view it as sex. as a "transaction'

Does anyone agree with me? Or disagree?

I've never done it, to be honest. Unless I'm really interested in a girl, I really don't want to have sex with her. There are women I really dig, and the rest are like my sister.

There is only one kind of male sex toy. It's a silicone hole. Simple, but effective. That's all the guy needs. A hole. If it's warm, it's a plus. I rest my case.

There is only one kind of male sex toy. It's a silicone hole. Simple, but effective. That's all the guy needs. A hole. If it's warm, it's a plus. I rest my case.

Charming. You restore women's faith in men the world over.

Charming. You restore women's faith in men the world over.

Okay, I take that back. There must be some kind of nut tickler out there, even if it's only a prototype.

BlueEyedGirl

Sex for women is almost never causal.

Sex for men is different. They are better at separating the two. I know that when I'm strongly sexually attracted to someone(as a woman), there are always other feelings involved. I have gone through years of heartbreak thinking that it's the same for men. I have since learned that men can be really attracted to me physically while not giving a s%it about me as a person .

Okay, I take that back. There must be some kind of nut tickler out there, even if it's only a prototype.

Well, I feel so much better now. I was getting concerned about your limited options. I like the pic of the heart cup, though. Kinda misleading coming from a 'plastic hole' kinda guy, huh? :love:

Sex for men is different. They are better at separating the two. I know that when I'm strongly sexually attracted to someone(as a woman), there are always other feelings involved. I have gone through years of heartbreak thinking that it's the same for men. I have since learned that men can be really attracted to me physically while not giving a s%it about me as a person .

I've always had the opposite problem - I can't get rid of them. This is why I learned that I need to get to know a person before hopping in the sack with them.

Did you know that it's a scientific fact that women produce a chemical that causes us to become attached to the person we sleep with? This is why it's so hard for women to have the proverbial casual relationship. We are genetically geared to become attached. As I once read, "women think clearly before sex, men think clearly after sex."

Geishawhelk

there's a difference between 'casual' and 'mechanical'....I guess....? :confused:

there's a difference between 'casual' and 'mechanical'....I guess....? :confused:

Absolutely. Mechanical implies the relentless pursuit of perfection, whereas casual is just something one does to fill in the time until their favourite TV program comes on.

Geishawhelk

do you think Prostitutes are in "the relentless pursuit of perfection...." ?

Trialbyfire

I agree with this, sans heartbreak. If I get the feeling they're only looking for sex, I'm gone. This doesn't mean I haven't been fooled before.

• Author

This is how I think men view casual sex. i dont think they have any feelings at all for the woman. Ofcourse this is the case in one night stands, but also the case in casual hookups that are regular with the same person for many months.

do you think Prostitutes are in "the relentless pursuit of perfection...." ?

It's the lucky ones that get paid for doing something they love. For the rest of us, it's a bit of a grind.

This is how I think men view casual sex. i dont think they have any feelings at all for the woman.

I think I know what you're saying. Still, I would hate it if I lost my silicone hole. I might even cry.

Trialbyfire
Did you know that it's a scientific fact that women produce a chemical that causes us to become attached to the person we sleep with? This is why it's so hard for women to have the proverbial casual relationship. We are genetically geared to become attached. As I once read, "women think clearly before sex, men think clearly after sex."

I didn't know this but have personally experienced strong bonding when sleeping with someone. It's why I can't have casual sex unless I'm convinced that my partner is wanting me as an entire person v. superficial lust.

I think women are capable of one night, or maybe a few nights, of casual sex without attachment, but no more than that. Men could probably do it forever if she let him.

One shouldn't have to dress up every time they want to have sex. Casual sex isn't necessarily lowering one's standards.

you joker. you make me crack up so much

I was reading the thread "we agreed on casual sex, so" and "darkn romantic said the following in response to the thread (and I quote)

Sex between most people is hardly casual. Even if we believe it is. There is ALWAYS feelings involved.

I don't believe that people who hook up for casual sex on a regular basis have feelings. If they are just hooking up for sex, even if they do it regularly and over many months, I still dont believe there are feelings. Men just view it as sex. as a "transaction'

Does anyone agree with me? Or disagree?

Yes I totally agree with you.. women AND men can have casual sex with NO feelings involved.. of course... it's nonsense to think that we ALWAYS have feelings EVERY single time with EVERY partner... :rolleyes:

I've always had the opposite problem - I can't get rid of them. This is why I learned that I need to get to know a person before hopping in the sack with them.

I didn't know this but have personally experienced strong bonding when sleeping with someone. It's why I can't have casual sex unless I'm convinced that my partner is wanting me as an entire person v. superficial lust.

It was BO that educated me on this one.

The chemical is Oxytocin.

http://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/modern-love-8/biology-of-love?page=3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxytocin

One shouldn't have to dress up every time they want to have sex. Casual sex isn't necessarily lowering one's standards.

I prefer 'business casual' sex myself. It can be had during those long, boring meetings.

Geishawhelk

No....

Men are from Earth, Women are from Earth.

Get over it.

(I wish that was my quotation, but it isn't...!) :laugh:

I prefer 'business casual' sex myself. It can be had during those long, boring meetings.

Absolutely. I love to be lengthily bored during a meeting. And my position can change many times during the session.