Suggestions needed

ditzyblonde

I like this guy who happens to be a friend of a friend of a friend of a friend (and so on). Every now and then we see eachother at a party or some social gathering and we seem to really "click". It's like he's flirting with me, playing the "tapping the wrong shoulder" game and the "look away when she looks at me" game.

The other night we saw eachother. He was with his buddies that he hangs with and I was across a large room. I could see him play the "look away" game as I would look in his direction and I'd notice the quick movement of his ball cap changing direction. This time he came up to chat with me and started singing my name. It was a 70's rock ballad with (almost) my name in the lyrics. Cute! During the conversation he started talking about the parts of town we live in. He asked me where I live and I gave him the general area. I returned the question and he not only gave me the general area, but I also found out (thanks to online maps) that his description just about gave me the specific street intersection he lives at. :eek: He also started talking about all of the weight he's lost and his exercise routine. I've lost about 50lbs since I first met him, so maybe that's why he brought it up.

He is one of my "Friends" on MySpace although he rarely communicates with me. He's posted many pictures and it looks like he's got lots of girls that are friends. I wouldn't know why any of them wouldn't be interested in him other than the fact the he's not your typical male model guy that girls like these would hang out with. He's a big guy ... probably about 6'5" weighing 350lbs or more. He's a big teddy bear :) He's also a clown with some pretty seductive looking poses. I do see one girl in many of his pictures (no seductive poses), but I don't see any of just the two of them. He also makes no mention of her anywhere in his profile. That's not uncommon and I also know that you can't believe everything you see/read in MySpace.

Does it sound like he might be interested? It's not like I can ask my friend what she knows about his status. She dosen't know him that well. If he's married he dosen't wear a wedding ring. He could be gay, but I don't think that's the case. If he is in a relationship and it's a good one, I wouldn't want to do anything to mess that up and in return hurt our friendship. However, if he is single I want him to know I'm interested. So what is the best way to ask this?