How can I get things on track?

Hi. I’m a new member and I have a problem that has left me completely stumped. I am 20 years old and I recently realized that I have feelings for a girl I have been going to collage with for two years. At the end of the summer we will both be going to different collages about two and a half hours away. About a month ago we went out for dinner and a movie. We both had a really good time and conversation was fun and easy. Before we both went home I finally managed to ask her to go out with me. She told me that I was sweet but that she didn’t want to start a long-distance relationship. She said that she had been in a relationship with a person one hour away and that the lack of interaction had left her with a broken heart. She then hugged be and gave me a kiss on the cheek and said that I shouldn’t feel bad because she was not rejecting me she just didn’t want to get hurt again. She said that we should do something like this again.

Since then I have stayed in touch with her on face book and have had two short phone conversations where nether of us could think of anything to say. She is going to be leaving for her new school in two days and I don’t know what to do.

I think that if she gave me a chance it could work but I don’t know how to get that chance. What should I do?

Hi. I’m a new member and I have a problem that has left me completely stumped. I am 20 years old and I recently realized that I have feelings for a girl I have been going to collage with for two years. At the end of the summer we will both be going to different collages about two and a half hours away. About a month ago we went out for dinner and a movie. We both had a really good time and conversation was fun and easy. Before we both went home I finally managed to ask her to go out with me. She told me that I was sweet but that she didn’t want to start a long-distance relationship. She said that she had been in a relationship with a person one hour away and that the lack of interaction had left her with a broken heart. She then hugged be and gave me a kiss on the cheek and said that I shouldn’t feel bad because she was not rejecting me she just didn’t want to get hurt again. She said that we should do something like this again.

Since then I have stayed in touch with her on face book and have had two short phone conversations where nether of us could think of anything to say. She is going to be leaving for her new school in two days and I don’t know what to do.

I think that if she gave me a chance it could work but I don’t know how to get that chance. What should I do?

Does she know how you feel about her?

AP:)

She knows how you feel about her; women know these things. She gave you a reasonable answer, the most important part of which was "no".

You have the means to stay in touch. Do that, in the future, and see what happens.

Meanwhile, time and distance are your friends. Look around. Wow, if I were young again :D

CommitmentPhobe

She said no already, and she's right. The chances of it working are slim.

:laugh: Seriously if I were you I would be thanking my lucky stars because you've just had one hell of an escape. Single, young, off at college......... ahhhh if you open yourself up to the opportunities you will get with the opposite sex then you are in for a good time.