"are you in love?"

DunnoWhat

This is what my date asked me the other night... I'll give a bit of the background story first. We're meeting for the first time on friday after been in contact (online) for 2 months. At the start she said she's not going to meet me and even at one stage said goodbye but apologised when I showed I didn't care in my message back to her.

Over the last 2 months and especially the last 2 weeks there has been more and more contact. I asked her to meet before but she refused but then this week she said listen I think we should meet.

So we were chatting last night when she tells me she has accepted a job in another city. It came as a shock... she had smily faces (:)) saying it. As she was continuing the conversation she kept asking me was there something wrong and saying I was quieter than usual... it went something like this:

her: are you in love

me: no, we havn't even met yet

her: no not with me!

her: with somebody else, maybe

me: haha why do you ask that?

her: you seem lost in your thoughts tonight

me: No I'm fine but I am a little bit disappointed you're going away

her: I bet you have lots of women lined up. Thats your dating system

etc etc

I know she was seeing how much the news effected me and maybe was there any other woman I had. I know she has grown to like me since we first started speaking and even going to meet but am I wasting my time.

She also mentioned about moving back if it doesn't work out.

So my question is why did she ask that and does she have feelings for me? She says good things about me this despite thinking I was rude and arrogant when we first came in contact.

I'd say she has feelings for you. Why don't you just have a more honest discussion with her that doesn't involve beating around the bush?

Let me get this straight...you've been in contact for 2 months, get on well, live in the same geographic area and are just now actually meeting in person?

Push away from the computer more quickly and invest more time in pressing the flesh. Internet is fine for communication, but relationships start and flourish in the real world. Sexual and emotional chemistry does not translate well over fiber-optic cables :)

• Author
Let me get this straight...you've been in contact for 2 months, get on well, live in the same geographic area and are just now actually meeting in person?

Push away from the computer more quickly and invest more time in pressing the flesh. Internet is fine for communication, but relationships start and flourish in the real world. Sexual and emotional chemistry does not translate well over fiber-optic cables :)

When we first spoke she said had no intention of meeting anybody. She said she was on the website just to chat. She also said I was the only one she was talking to. She eventually gave me her msn and closed down her profile on the site.

She also said 2 weeks ago she doesn't do dates. A few weeks ago she suggested we both go to the same pub but not meet because it would be fun looking around! I told her that idea was stupid.

Gradually she has softened her attitude towards me because she seemed like a completely different person at the start. Now she wants to meet.

I have been going on other dates because I didn't think she would meet at all. She is the one I connect with most IMO of all the girls I'm talking to.

• Author

^ Thank you. I'll go on the date and have a laugh and see where it leads.

I'd say she has feelings for you. Why don't you just have a more honest discussion with her that doesn't involve beating around the bush?

Oh she knows I like her but she also knows I'm not that easily impressed meaning I have high standards.