Sick of whatever game he's playing

There's someone I've had feelings for for around 2 years now. He's always been one of my best friends, without being too clingy. Over the summer I went for about 6 weeks without seeing him, and thought I'd got over it. I saw him yesterday when he invited me out with 2 of our other friends, and I've started to like him again - I couldn't really help it.

While we were out I didn't notice anything which would indicate that he likes me, except for a few little things like fiddling with my hair and things we used to do before when we were friends. But he kept coming out with random things like 'I'm in love!' at weird moments and 'I've missed you.' in the middle of conversations. He doesn't act like it's me that he likes, but at the same time I can't think of anyone it could be. A lot of people have liked him, but he's never shown real interest in anyone really. Most people I can read but he's just such a confusing person.

When we decided to go home because it was getting dark and we had to walk, he came with me because it's a rough area at night. We talked about general stuff, said we'd keep in contact, he gave me like a 1 second hug and went in his direction.

I really regret liking him again, because this was how I felt before - really confused and unappreciated. He was telling me about some girl we both know who has a thing for him and won't leave him alone. I know her and she is very annoying tbh. He also said that he can usually tell when someone likes him.

Either he knows that I like him and he's leading me on - which would be heartbreaking for me, or he likes me and just isn't showing it, OR he has no clue that I like him and is treating me as a friend.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I'd appreciate it.

Make it clear that you like him. If he responds you know he likes you back. If he doesn't then you know he doesn't. Either way there will be no more confusion. :)

• Author

Make it clear that you like him. If he responds you know he likes you back. If he doesn't then you know he doesn't. Either way there will be no more confusion. :)

Thanks for the reply :)

I'm really not sure I'd have the courage to do that :o. I feel like if he didn't reciprocate it, he'd run a mile and I'd become another one of the girls who pester' him. He really isn't the lovey sentimental dramatic type (and neither am I), so I really think if he has no idea I like him he'd be freaked out :eek:.

Two years is a long time to chase a guy. If he liked you at any point, wouldn't he have asked you out?

You could always ask him how he feels about you, if you're uncertain. If he says he likes you like a friend, you could press him a little more and ask if he likes you more than a friend. Of course this leaves you wide open for him to ask your feelings.

Hi there. =)

Two years is long, but three years is longer. I was/probably still am in the same boat as you, but from what I learned from recent experience, you really have to tell him. It took a lot of guts from me to do it, even though I was relieved and heartbroken at the same time. =|

Enough about my sob story... you have to tell him. You can do it. =)

• Author

Hi there. =)

Two years is long, but three years is longer. I was/probably still am in the same boat as you, but from what I learned from recent experience, you really have to tell him. It took a lot of guts from me to do it, even though I was relieved and heartbroken at the same time. =|

Enough about my sob story... you have to tell him. You can do it. =)

Thanks for your reply :p. May I ask - what happened to you?

Basically, I fell in love with my best guy friend. I thought the feelings were mutual and I was ready to bet everything on it and so I decided to grow a pair of balls and told him how I felt. Again, I wouldn't have done this if I didn't think it was mutual.

I got burned.

Oh, I failed to mentioned that we went on a trip together the week after I spilled my guts. I tried to back out of it but he said it "wasn't that weird." So he had a week to think about stuff. When the trip rolled around, it was like nothing happened the week before.

Was it a good thing we pretended nothing happened? Yes and no. We acted like we normally do around each other, but I knew that we were only meant to be friends.

That's my story.

Sometimes we just over-think things, and that's what's been causing you to think about him for two years without making any move to do or say anything to him. Try to stop thinking about him for two weeks and see if you develop a different perspective on the situation.

• 3 weeks later...

SilkLeaves....

May I ask, whatever happened between you and this guy friend of yours? Did you tell him?

If you haven't told him how you feel yet, may I suggest something? I suggest that you DON'T tell him how you feel. Please refrain!!! I have to yet to see things turn out well for a woman when she "confesses" and tells a man how she feels about him BEFORE he confesses his feelings for her. I am actually sort of in your same situation with a guy friend of mine right now that I like (just read my previous posts!).

In all honesty, I wouldn't do it. If you want to show him that you like him, you can try flirting with him a little bit, or being more mysterious. Let him chase you! Be unavailable just a little bit and see what happens. If he really wants to spend time with you he will chase you a little. If he doesn't, he will dissapear off of the face of the earth if you don't initiate anything with him. But remain a challenge to him. I learned the hard way that even so-called "guy friends" like the thrill of the chase. ;)

Keep us updated! :)

Sometimes we just over-think things' date=' and that's what's been causing you to think about him for two years without making any move to do or say anything to him. Try to stop thinking about him for two weeks and see if you develop a different perspective on the situation.[/quote']

I agree w/Jen. I would take a short break from him a little bit. See what happens!

Try not to think TOO hard about him. Don't make the same mistake I made!