What can I, as a shy guy do?

I'm new to this (1st post) but anyway...

I'm 16. There's a girl in my class I like but I'm too shy. Not only that, she probably has a bf (I'm not that sure but knowing her...). We talk quite a bit but in the end I think she justs thinks of me as a classmate (Someone to copy what was missed on the board, help with h/w here and there...). The only things I can think of to do are either fess up and get closure or clamp shut and try to move on... but i cant. i could either add her to my archive of the past or get closure but... I don't think I even have to guts to do that. No contact is not an option since she oh so happened to remind me "Hey, I have you in most of my classes!" (I can't stop looking at her)... It's really affecting me 'cos I can get so bitter and jealous about anyone she talks to (of course I clamp shut). Exams are coming and I really need to focus but its really difficult. Please can someone help? I don't want to bitter/jealous/shy anymore. (sorry if this is a bit vague)

You need to prioritize what's important to you right now. A girlfriend, or your studies? Some people can easily focus on both, but if you're not prepared to invest equal time on either one then you need to shift gears.

As for your shyness problem, do a Google search with the keywords: "Overcome shyness". Found some sites there that helped me, personally. :)

You need to weigh up what your chances are before you get any more infatuated - would it be likely that she would be attracted to you? If the honest, deep down asnwer is no, then move on and do not put your heart into this. Carry on with your studies, get fantanstic grades and be proud of yourself. If the answer is yes, then very cautiously establish yourself in her life more. Ask her to go to the cinema or something. If she says no - move on.

Good luck ;)

Too be honest you are way to young to be so twisted over a girl. Don't waste too much time on her because at that age the attention span is just not there. Too many moving parts and people to get her attention. If you don't have what it takes for her to give you attention naturaly, then fighting for it will not get you the results you want.

At your age you are suffering from a "crush" and most crushes are very volital, doesn't take much to make you jump from one track to the next.

Hang in there and focus on your studies....your time will come.

• Author

Thanks for the responses. I'ved actually talked to her a bit. She doesn't know but she told me she didn't have a boyfriend and doesn't to plan to have one for the future. thanks for the help anyway. great community. I feel a bit more relaxed now.