Try again with best friend???

Underneath_it_all

Underneath_it_all

I used to come here often but somehow can't get logged back in...anyways, I set up a new account and here I am with my issue that brings me back.

I feel like I am starting to grow feelings for my now best friend and ex boyfriend again. We started dating about 2 years ago for the first time. I was RIGHT out of a long term relationship and we just clicked from the beginning. Neither of us were thinking of getting serious, but it just happened. We dated off and on for around a year. Since then we have been the best of friends and basically talk every day and hang out as much as possible.

I feel like as I am getting older and really thinking more and more about what I truly want in life he and everything he represents to me fits.

How should I decide whether or not to go for it again? I feel like I can't just go with the flow because I do not want to act impulsively and do something that I will regret. I feel like if we were to get back together this would be "IT." I do not want to hurt him and/or lose him as a friend.

We are going out of town together on Thursday and I was contemplating bringing it up then, (4 hours in a car each way) but don't know the best way to bring it up and/or if I should. Any suggestions???

Please let me know if you have any questions and/or if I left anything out and thank you in advance for your help. I can't stop thinking about it/him and it would be great to have some input from someone non-involved.