mom thinks friend in love with my boyfriend

sniknuoychris

sniknuoychris

My boyfriend and I have a friend who is 15 and her mother is telling her that she is falling in love with my boyfriend. They are just close friends. By the way I am 21 and my boyfriend is 19. Anyway, her mom is telling her that if she spends too much time with my boyfriend that she will tear us apart. My boyfriend and I know this would never happen. Our friend is starting to believe what her mother is telling her.

We would like to talk to her mother without telling her how to raise her daughter. I feel that she is uncomfortable with her daughter having friends that are guys and I am afraid that this will affect her view on love in the long run. If she feels that a love between close friends is true love, then will she have few chances at a happiness in the future? Please help

• Author
sniknuoychris

i really need help with this, can someone who is reading this please give me some sort of advice, however small. please

i don't think i would talk to her mom but somehow tell your friend that being good friends is not being in love sounds like her mom doesn't want her hanging with him or is just delusional, if you cant say it without making her mom look bad maybe you should not hang with her as much it sounds like trouble

• Author
sniknuoychris

i think i found out why her mom is interfering. when she was my friends age, she had a bad experience with an older guy. she thought that she was in love with him and tried her best to get this guy to like her. the guy had a girlfriend and would not leave her. my friends mom was left alone and hurt. i think that she does not want my friend to get hurt like she did, so she is trying to convince her daughter that if she keeps hanging out with us, she will end up breaking us up.

my friends BIGGEST fear is that she will come between my boyfriend and i. i think that her mom is trying to play off that fear. but is there anyway that i can talk to her mom, or her. i really charish this friendship and DO NOT want to loose it.