What am I doing wrong? need some insight!

If it is possible for people to meet through the internet, why am I not able to find them? For the last few months, I have responded to a number of ads such as Love Aol in order to meet a woman with similar interests and goals in life. However, after responding to more than 20 ads,I haven't received any responses yet. In my response,I describe myself honestly such as my age,education, occupation,interests,etc. Having said so, why am I not getting any responses?

P.S

I am attractive, college graduate,and work full time...

You know, several years back I placed a personal ad in a local newspaper, and I was astonished at the number of responses I received. At least 50. And this was a LOCAL newspaper. I can only imagine how many responses people receive who place personal ads on AOL and other on-line sites.

Therefore, I think it's important to post a dymanic response. Be energetic with what you say. Tell your potential mate why she should contact you. What makes you better than the other guys that respond. Sounds like a sales pitch..., well, it kind of is. Otherwise, you will not be contacted. Also, I've heard photographs help.

Last, why don't YOU place your own ad? You will be guaranteed to receive more responses than you could hope to receive. And while your real true love likely will not be one of them, it's fun. It's also an ego-booster having all of those people interested in getting to know YOU!!

Best of luck.

If it is possible for people to meet through the internet, why am I not able to find them? For the last few months, I have responded to a number of ads such as Love Aol in order to meet a woman with similar interests and goals in life. However, after responding to more than 20 ads,I haven't received any responses yet. In my response,I describe myself honestly such as my age,education, occupation,interests,etc. Having said so, why am I not getting any responses? P.S I am attractive, college graduate,and work full time...

Most attractive ladies with other positive traits who post ads on the Internet, particularly on AOL and the search engines, get upwards of 100 Emails per day during the first few weeks of their posts. They simply are physically unable to answer them all.

If you want to meet ladies on AOL, go to the members' directory, go to Advanced Search and type in the sort of person you are looking for (be sure to check FEMALE), type in your city, and a few keyword interests. Keep changing your search until you end up with a number of profiles in your area.

Read the profiles and see which ones interest you. Most of them did not post an ad but if their profile says they are single and of age, chances are they would be open to an interesting chat from a nice guy. Your search results will have a red highlight to the left of the names of those currently online and you can send them instant messages right away.

The others, just simply send them Email letting them know you enjoyed reading their profile and ask them to let you know more about them. Tell them about you.

How you begin your conversation and how gentlemanly you keep it will govern just how long they will chat and how extensive a friendship you can develop.

You would be surprised how many people there are on America Online who are kind, friendly and looking for friends and companions. Just beware not everyone is totally honest about themselves...but the majority are in the ballpark.

Another way is to go to the dating services. Use a search engine like yahoo.com to find them. One great one that gives a ten day free trial is: http://www.match.com You can search for whatever type of lady you desire.

Good luck with your search. Finding a great friend or mate has NEVER been easier since the Internet. You just have to use your imagination, ingenuity, and positive attitude.

Please invite me to the wedding!!!