How long did it take you to feel love for the one you are dating?

jalexy

Hmmm... Well, when I met my boyfriend (this past September), we became good/best friends at first, because we both had SO's at the time. We instantly clicked and when he broke up with his gf about 2 months later, I told him I loved him as a friend. Then in mid-December, when I was intoxicated in New Orleans on vacation, I told him over the phone that I loved him. He told me he loved me too. I told him that if I didn't have a boyfriend, I would love him as a boyfriend. Then in early January, I told him I straight out loved him. This was before we even started going out. It was about 4 months after we first met and became friends.

Needless to say, I broke up with my ex-boyfriend shortly after that and have been with my boyfriend now ever since. I love him so deeply still. It only gets better. :love:

i felt love for my boyfriend about three months in, but didn't tell him till six months. he still hasn't told me though. :(

I am the kind of guy that falls haed over heals in love with some one as soon as we have had about 3 good dates so it took me about 2 weeks to fall in love with my girlfriend.

It took me a few months to feel love for my boyfriend.

We started dating as soon as we met. At first, I really, really, really liked him but I always felt like I could live without him if our relationship ended.

We developed a very close friendship and, after a few weeks, I realised that I loved this wonderful, beautiful, amazing person but I still felt like I would be ok if our relationship ended. I started to tell him how wonderful he was but I didn't feel I could say "I love you" 'cos I didn't feel "in love" with him.

He'd told me, quite soon in our relationship, how strong his feelings were for me. After a few months, I felt safe, secure and loved and when things felt really, really good, spontaneously, I'd just tell him "I love you!!!" - it felt right!

In love, in love, in love - it's difficult to explain it in words.