The one that got away

The fact is, I lost him. He was my best friend and he was in love with me, but I was in a relationship and didn't truly see him. By the time I got out of that relationship I realized that I loved him back, but by that time he had found someone else. We spent an amazing night together, but in the end he chose her. So, I got back together with my boyfriend, a big mistake in itself, and he moved away with her to be happy. We've spent the last 3 years in an awkward holding pattern, barely speaking. Recently, after I broke up with the bf for good, we've tried to make the friends thing work. I told him that I supported his relationship and wanted him back in my life, but there's just this connection that kills me. I'm not a homewrecker, but I just can't seem to walk away. There's nothing here for me unless HE leaves and HE wants me and I know that. I would love to completely seperate myself but he's part of my group. Should I remain in the wings or get out while I still can?

I got this from an article of the same title i received some few years back.

THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY is the biggest "what if"you'll have in your life...

BUT..

If you're married, you'll just have to accept the fact that the one that

got away, got away.

Believe me, no matter how fairy tale you think your marriage is,

this can happen to the best of us.

But hopefully you're mature enough to realize that

you're already with the one you're with

and this is just another test of your commitment,

one which will just strengthen your marriage when you

get past it.

Sure, you'll think about him/her every so often, but it's alright.

It's never nice to live with a "might have been," but it happens.

Maybe the one that got away is the one who is already married.

In which case it's the same thing.

You just have to accept and know that your memories of

that person will probably bring a nice little smile to your lips

in the future when you're old and gray and reminiscing.

Since being a home wrecker isn't in your list of virtues in life... I suggest you move on, you can keep the memories but be open to new opportunities. ;):cool:

thewomantoblame

I'm suffering through much of the same situation right no except that we ran into each other last week and are both single. I don't know how to tell him that I adore him.

Since your guy is with somebody and seemingly happy, I would move on to other opportunities. Maybe something will happen later on down the road, but if you really care about him then I know you'd want him to be happy.