Something odd going on: hanging out at his place when his ex stopped by

I was on a second date with this guy from work last night. We were hanging out at his place when his ex-girlfriend stopped by. She was knocking on his door for about twenty minutes to a half hour before he would answer the door. It was pretty strange having to keep quiet and pretend that the knocking wasn't going on. He said she was crazy, a bit psycho and she would eventually go away. He did finally answer the door - he stepped out and had a few words with her. I don't know what he said, but she left thereafter.

She stopped by again two hours later. He stepped outside to talk to her for about five minutes. When he came back inside he asked me to hide in the bedroom. They eventually went inside and through the bedroom door I heard her ask him what was going on. She kept asking him if there was something wrong and that if there was someone there in the apartment he could tell her. I never heard him say a word the entire time.

They went outside again and were gone for about a half hour. When he came back, he told me that he hadn't told her about us dating yet because he didn't want to hurt her. He had just told her what the deal was with us. I didn't say much. What could I say? I stayed the rest of the evening and we had a good time.

However, last night's events are bugging me. I need to know if it's just me or if anyone else thinks this is weird?

HokeyReligions

Asking someone to hide is something we laugh at on sitcoms - if that were to happen to me for real, I wouldn't hide I would grab my purse (or whatever) and brush past the so-called ex at the door on my way out!

If she were to post here it might be something like;

My bf is acting strange, he usually invites me over to his apartment but when I suggested it he said he had work to do. I thought it strange so I decied to drop over and surprise him. He wouldn't even let me in the door! I asked him if he had someone with him and he denied it. I left, but I was feeling so confused and hurt that I decided to go back and confront him and ask him to tell me the truth. He talked to me outside for a while, then he reluctantly let me into his apartment. I think there was somone hiding in his bedroom - he wouldn't tell me though and we had cross words and I left. Do you think I have reason to be suspicious?

Originally posted by HokeyReligions

My bf is acting strange, he usually invites me over to his apartment but when I suggested it he said he had work to do. I thought it strange so I decied to drop over and surprise him. He wouldn't even let me in the door! I asked him if he had someone with him and he denied it. I left, but I was feeling so confused and hurt that I decided to go back and confront him and ask him to tell me the truth. He talked to me outside for a while, then he reluctantly let me into his apartment. I think there was somone hiding in his bedroom - he wouldn't tell me though and we had cross words and I left. Do you think I have reason to be suspicious?

The (ex?)girlfriend could easily post something like this. Even if she is "psycho" and unable to accept the fact that they've broken up, there is no reason he should ask you to play games like that. Completely out of line, and it suggests that he's not being responsible for his choices. If he broke up with her he needs to consistently convey that message to her, rather than indulge her delusions. But it's just as plausible that they haven't broken up at all. Either way, this guy is not a keeper. I would decline any further requests for dates, even if he tries to explain himself. There really is no justification for such behavior.