"Hey there Shygirl"

Shygirl15

So I went through this whole painful guided communication thing on eHarmony with a 5'5" attorney. Finally, (after 2 long weeks of silly questionnaires, likes and dislikes, dos and don'ts) today was time for open communication.

Guess what his first email was:

Heading: "Hey there Shygirl"!!

Body: Empty.

:confused:

I know I overreact sometimes, but what the heck is this??

I'm not going to answer, infact I'm going to close this match. What do you think?

you just don't like that he's short. You know he may have had a technical error or what ever you sure do hate him pretty quick

So I went through this whole painful guided communication thing on eHarmony with a 5'5" attorney. Finally, (after 2 long weeks of silly questionnaires, likes and dislikes, dos and don'ts) today was time for open communication.

Guess what his first email was:

Heading: "Hey there Shygirl"!!

Body: Empty.

:confused:

I'm not going to answer, infact I'm going to close this match. What do you think?

So what? Maybe, he's shy too. If you wre a 5'5 guy, you would be also. This is not a reason to close this match.

Actually, I like it. I would say, Hey back at you. How are you?

• Author

KMT, his height is not really the issue. Well, maybe a little.

AS, he's far from shy. If anything he's a little cocky-ish from his profile:

**** typically spends his leisure time:

• During a typical week, I'm either mountain biking (just bought a great night light!), taking a yoga class, meeting friends for dinner or hitting the gym. When I'm not doing that, I like to go to take Salsa lessons, make a new dish at home or grab a movie & beer in Arlington/DC. During the spring & summer I love to travel abroad & most recently experienced Brazil, Mexico, Prague & Amsterdam. In the fall, I spend some of my evenings as a high school referee.

:rolleyes:.

He probably thinks he's a great catch so doesn't feel the need to try hard. Perhaps if he was at least 6' something...

Aren't we all busy, All Star?

KMT, his height is not really the issue. Well, maybe a little.

AS, he's far from shy. If anything he's a little cocky-ish from his profile:

:rolleyes:.

He probably thinks he's a great catch so doesn't feel the need to try hard. Perhaps if he was at least 6' something...

Aren't we all busy, All Star?

I don't get all that from his profile. I don't think it was cocky. There really wasn't too much there? i don't get the feeling he was bragging. What's the real reason you don't like him?

Realistically, a resonable guy who is 5'5, is not cocky. He may not have low self-esteem, but I don't see him being cocky.

Yep, I think he bombed his audition. All a message like that shows is that he's not interested enough to actually put some effort into it... for whatever reason. I think you should close the match.

He sounds freaking busy as hell. All I would have to put is hang out with friends at bars, work, school, and posting on LS.

He also sounds a tid bit like he's trying too hard...

The fact that he liked you enough to have two weeks worth of communication?

Judging a man's worth inch by inch seems a bit harsh, unless you like to be judged cup by cup, or pound by pound. Why the consistent attention to his height?

What is there to like about a 5'5" attorney who can't even put his 1st email together, huh?

This wouldn't look so bad if he were taller. Everything lokks wrose than it really is when your looking down over it.

He sounds freaking busy as hell. All I would have to put is hang out with friends at bars, work, school, and posting on LS.

He also sounds a tid bit like he's trying too hard...

If you wre 5'5 you would be out there trying hard right now.

• Author

I mean, who spends their typical week in this fashion?

During a typical week, I'm either mountain biking (just bought a great night light!), taking a yoga class, meeting friends for dinner or hitting the gym. When I'm not doing that, I like to go to take Salsa lessons, make a new dish at home or grab a movie & beer in Arlington/DC.

Too hectic for just a typical week for me!

He seems too uptight for my liking. I think in the end it all worked for the best. I don't think I can stand his height anyway.

I mean, who spends their typical week in this fashion?

Too hectic for just a typical week for me!

He seems too uptight for my liking. I think in the end it all worked for the best. I don't think I can stand his height anyway.

An attorney wouldn't have time to do all this anyway. He may have been just trying to impress you. Do you know he was 5'5 when you were talking to him?

SnapCracklePop

That is an attempt to keep communications going, but he did not put any effort into it at all. Personally, I really dislike emails where the only text is the subject line. But this is a growing problem with email. It is by its nature a very impersonal way of communication, and people are getting lazier every day with it.

Or... he is an attourny. I remember asking an attourny what the job was like when I was considering fields to go into that field. He said "do you like having a family or not". So perhaps the short reply is an indication of his free time?

• Author
An attorney wouldn't have time to do all this anyway. He may have been just trying to impress you. Do you know he was 5'5 when you were talking to him?

That's what he has in his profile. An attorney and 5'5". :lmao:

No offense, but I have never dated that short before. I surely wouldn't have given my time of the day if it was on Match.com or other sites; he just happened to be one of the very few matches I received from eHarmony, so I got excited I think and overlooked some of these things.

Now he's very bragging in his profile. He has a line that says (directed all his matches I guess): "I apologize in advance for not responding to your messages sooner, as I am a very busy man and travels around the world on business quite often therefore don't get a chance to read emails regularly". So, if this is the case, what makes him think he'll get 'a chance' to date then?

Saying Hi after all the Eharmony questionnaires they put you though is a bad thing ?

SHYGIRL.. at least give him more than this as far a chance..

say Hi back... then say something about what he has got planned this weekend and see how he responds...

You by chance don't have your picture hidden until open communication starts do you ?

If you do maybe he wasn't all the taken back by your picture...

Lookingforward

No offense, but I have never dated that short before. I surely wouldn't have given my time of the day if it was on Match.com or other sites; he just happened to be one of the very few matches I received from eHarmony, so I got excited I think and overlooked some of these things.

Now he's very bragging in his profile. He has a line that says (directed all his matches I guess): "I apologize in advance for not responding to your messages sooner, as I am a very busy man and travels around the world on business quite often therefore don't get a chance to read emails regularly". So, if this is the case, what makes him think he'll get 'a chance' to date then?

I'd be more concerned with what it is about your profile that leads you to have so "very few" matches :) (just a thought), also why they thought you two were a "match".

XxBacktoBlackXx

Why did you even talk to this guy if you knew right away that height would be such a problem? In my opinion, it would be very demeaning to have someone date me even though they thought something I had physically was hilarious...for instance, if a guy dated me and wasn't into dark hair...thought it was gross...and only liked blondes...I would rather him not date me at all. Especially with something like height, where it cannot be changed. Why would you even humor this guy if it's obvious you dislike a permanent physical feature of his so much?

• Author
That is an attempt to keep communications going, but he did not put any effort into it at all. Personally, I really dislike emails where the only text is the subject line. But this is a growing problem with email. It is by its nature a very impersonal way of communication, and people are getting lazier every day with it.

That's exactly how I see it.

But I'm very conflicted. See, he seemed very interested for two weeks during the whole guided communication ordeal (not many do this), and now that we can freely send emails to one other, I get a black note.

I don't know if I should give one more shot or not.

I would have disqualified him just because that sounds so dumb.

• Author

You by chance don't have your picture hidden until open communication starts do you ?

If you do maybe he wasn't all the taken back by your picture...

No, he saw my pictures right from the start, and I saw his.

BacktoBlack, please refer to post #17, second paragraph.

I'd be more concerned with what it is about your profile that leads you to have so "very few" matches :) (just a thought)

I have only had this problem with eHarmony only. I figured perhaps most people on EH from my area are not looking for "my type"..lol

also why they thought you two were a "match".

We're both black. That's the only compatibility we have as far as I can see.

• Author
How tall are you Shygirl?

You are over 5'5'' yourself, aren't you?

Yes. I'm 5'7". With heels, I go way up to 5'11".:)