Yay...I have "potential"

imjustagirl

So yesterday, my boyfriend and I were out shopping for his graphing calculator (he's going back to school as a physic's and math major...eek!)

Anyways, we saw this street vendor and he HAD to stop...they were selling swords and knives. (he's an avid collector)

The vendor and his wife were obviously watching us closely....we both got that feeling. When he went up to purchase this knife, the man goes....so my wife and I have a bet, I say she's your girlfriend, my wife says, she's your wife...so which is it.

My boy puts his hands around my waist, looks at me and goes....she's my girlfriend, but she has potential.

I could have cried.

Questions is.....Where and how far into the relationship did everyone elses SO tell perfect strangers that you had "potential?"

Well, something like this varies couple by couple. Noone's situation is going to be identical time wise. My situation is totally different. My boyfriend and I were friends about 4 months before we started getting more involved with one another. It was pretty much apparent that we were in love with one another even before we officially started going out.

In late January I had somewhat of a scare where my white blood cells are concerned and was unsure of my future. Right then and there he said to me that he'd marry me right away if anything was going to happen to me. That wasn't in public, but the first public omission to his family was at the 4 month mark.

we'd known each other for a while, finally seriously started dating after about 20 months. A year after that, I got to meet his family, and he told them I was his girlfriend and that he "loved me dearly." And I just thought we were only bed buddies! Fast forward: We've been married 11 years now ...