About to give up; lack of affection

The girl that I am involved with (we are not going out, but we both care for each other deeply) invited me to her house yesterday with some friends. At one point I was asked to step out of the room so she could talk to my best male friend. Later I found out from my friend that she was worried I didn't like her and she was close to giving up (we know we've liked each other for a long time now). She wishes I showed more affection; she doesn't think I want to go any further.

Later that evening we all went to play pool and the smoke ended up causing her to puke. I wanted to comfort her but my friend already had his hand on his shoulder. I felt hurt and I thought that if I cared for her so much I should have done the same but I didn't because of my idiotic shyness barrier and that my friend already did it before I did. Now she is feeling terrible and doesn't think I want her when I do more than anything.

Today I plan on buying her flowers, coming to her house, giving her and hug and maybe a small kiss on the cheek, and an invitation to the movies later, telling her that I am hope she feels better, and apologize if I haven't been very affectionate.

I really need help on this before noon today when I plan on going over. Any input/suggestions? I want to convince this girl that I care for her

Getting her flowers and showing up at her door is a good idea. Explain to her that you like her and want to take her out to the movies. Just be honest. Tell her that you're shy.

Why don't you guys date anyway? I mean if you both like eachother, what are you waiting for????

• Author

Thank you for the reply. That's what she is thinking. I am just painfully shy and this social phobia of mine has existed for a long time now and I want to get rid of it. We need to go further and I just need to know how to do it. She knows I am painfully shy too; she's been very patient with me. I just pray she hasn't given up just yet, she needs to give me just a few more hours >.<

• Author

I bought the flowers... but she isn't online. I don't want to bug her with a call if she's not feeling well... ungh. Perhaps she is upset with me beyond repair :/

This is so difficult, I just want to talk to her.

just give her a call, and say that u hope u didn't wake her, ask her how she's feeling, etc. it's the gentelmany thing to do. do it before that other guy does!

-yes

• Author

I did it! I got her the flowers and now it's only a matter of time. She has been sick. Her mom came to the door and said she would like the flowers very much. I hope she gets better.