I do not know if I am truly in love,when should I tell her, what I should really do..

I moved to this location about 4 years ago, and I am 16 years old. I have known this girl for the 4 years I have been here. she is been my best friend ever since I moved. we have talked to each other every few days for these 4 years and we still have not lost the ability to talk endless hours into the night about almost anything.

I almost asked her out on a date the first year I had known her... and well in 7th grade I figured it might not be the best idea. so I decided to wait. I did tell her once that I did like her in the 7th grade and it was mutual. I still feel that way, but still did not say anything.

I know her parents very well also... her dad likes me and so does her mom. well lets just say, any guy that dates his daughter has to fly it by him.... he has a shelf with a specially made baseball bat with the name "daughter protector" engraved on it. I know it is funny.

well I did go to a formal ball with her once.....february 24, I remember it perfectly. in short it was the night I realized how I really feel about her. that there I realized how truly vulnerable, open to her, and in her eyes I could be. I do believe I saw it in her eyes, how she feels, but as for being sure I would have to ask right?

every time I see her now, I am reminded of that night and how she is so perfect in so many ways and those imperfections outline her in completeness.

in ever speck of my being I love her. I hate saying that I love some one unless I mean it, but that is why I think I am in love with this girl...for the first time, I feel right when I say it. I have never said it to her.... I just do not know when....

the plan is that I go to the navy and straiten my life out and get a good job and career so I could support her. she is going to be a teacher, it has been her dream since she was 5.

I had the plan of telling her after high school ends. just so it gave time to see if I still were to feel the same and if it is a good idea to tell her. I just do not think I could share my life with anyone else, I have always felt that way.

I just hope some one, especially a girl, could just give me some insight on this, your opinions, anything you have to say. thank you.

sapientkhi

Is there some reason why you haven't asked her out on a date recently? Why are you mooning over a date that happened 6 months ago? (Or are you dating her? It doesn't seem like it from your post.)

Why are you waiting to express your feelings until you graduate? You better get a move on...she may meet someone else in the meantime if you don't.