Meeting the ex

Now i dont know where this would fit so i decided to just put this in here and see the response i get! I am a 24 year old girl who met this guy about 2 years ago online. well we met hit it off straight away and kept meeting quite regularly we are now friends with benefits (as we are both not ready for a relationship) but he and i believe that we share something more but we havent defined that something. i have met his immediate family which is his daughter and his uncle who is like his father figure. he is very good friends with his ex partner who he lived with for 3 years and also brought a house with but she is now married to someone else but they have remained friends and i have run into her a once about 2 years ago when they were all out for dinner and a few of my colleagues and i dropped by at the same place for dinner and she has seen the two of us together when we were passing by etc (as they live down the lane from each other)

well its his daughters bday tomorrow and because we get along well i mean with the daughter and i, she has invited me over. my problem is:

1) i will be meeting the son and his partner for the first time and dont know how he will react when they see me

2) will be seeing the ex and her brand new husband after two years and i do not know what he tells her about me etc etc and so i dont know how to behave with them....................just very very confused.

3) dont know anyone else in this party except for him (my friend), his daughter and his uncle and so how do u behave at such parties.

oh btw we belong to two different races he is white and i am an indian. our friends & family havent been effected by this but i cant help but wonder how these people will react to that?

any advice is welcome. any experiences/stories/similar situations are welcome. i am totally freaking out about this.

I'd strongly recommend to just act the only way you know how to act -- be 100%, authentically YOU. All the time, no matter the event or situation.

Yes. There may well be some who will have a "problem" with your Indian heritage. That is THEIR issue, whether it's intolerance, racism, ignorance, or whatever one wants to call it.

It's not a part of yourself that you can change so, even if you do choose to worry about it, it won't transform you into something else. And there's nothing you can do about people who would judge you based on your ethnic background, either, so worrying about that aspect is futile, too.

Be you. Love you. Have fun with those who want to have fun with you. Ignore the others. Most importantly, love you :).

If you're meeting his family you have graduated to girlfriend status.

So when the inevitable smalltalk occurs over there, you can refer to yourself as his girlfriend. It'll be less awkward for you than saying you are his FWB.