a guy says "i love ya"

dakotamaiden

i guy i becoming friends with the last 3 mths, when he left my house the other day , he said i love ya and you are great. then went out he door a little in a hurry. i didnt have a chance to say anything. does this mean he could be really liking me, i really like him maybe its wishful thinking? iam no good at reading guys. we are in our 40"s

:confused:

Have you seen him since?

Have you thought of - asking him - ?!

If a guy says he loves you, then generally speaking, he's not messing.

It takes chutzpah to say it.

Try saying it back, see what happens.

I hardly think he means, "don't call me again, it's not working, we're through....." :rolleyes:

• Author

no i havent seen him yet , it was last week should see him in the next couple of days. do you think he meant like me as friend??

"I love ya " said going thru a door while leaving is different than saying " I love you " while looking into someone's eyes..

It's possible he was testing the waters to see how you would react so he didn't have to throw it out there only for you to reject him or it could be that he was just saying " Love ya " like a person says when they are leaving someone they like ..

The only way to be sure is if you love him then tell him... see what he says back...

Day, sweetheart, how the hell should I know - ?

I'm going by two sentences you've written in a relationship forum!

We have no background, no history, no outline, no run-down......

How can WE tell - ??

Like I said, sometimes the best approach works best. Next time you see him - ask him -

"So..... you left me kinda puzzled - what the heck did you mean when you said.....?"

Then - you'll know!

• Author

i think he said i love ya = like he meant saying goodby to someone he really likes that would be great for me too.

i have lots of folks say it to me that way... it's very endearing and that's the way i take it from them. they hold me dear to their heart. - and the other way around too.

they are my friends... we do allow the other person to understand that life is just that much better when they are around us. ;):cool:

Yeah, when you get older, expressing appreciation for those special people in one's life takes on more importance. So, IME, and I'm not a guy to be shouting ILY from the rooftops, good friends hear it from me on a regular basis, male or female. Now, kissing a woman on the lips and looking in her eyes and saying ILY takes on a whole different meaning :)