Childhood memories of sexual abuse

Jessie_anne

So I have always had these memories that I was sexually abused by my father when I was little. I have always told myself that I was crazy and that he would never do such a thing. But as time goes on I just don't think I can tell myself this anymore. There was an investigation into this when I was 4 or 5 and I went to see a doctor and a counselor then but nothing ever happened either way. I'm 24 now and I just don't know what to do about all of this. I talk to him and see him occasionally and I hate it! I have been able to ignore all of this all my life, but I sort of let it slip to a friend when I was slightly inebriated and now that I've actually said it out loud its very real to me. I just don't know that I can trust these memories, or myself, or anyone really. . . I just don't know what to do. . . Any suggestions would be extremely helpful!

You can google "effects of sexual abuse on a child" and see if something there rings a bell to you.

From what I've read it's pretty common to have recurring suspicions about it if it indeed happened but people who weren't don't usually think that.

Hugs.